Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Website

Options
  • 20-10-2004 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Are they having some kind of problem with that website over the past few weeks cos i'm having huge problems with trying to log in?? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

o2 are the same, they just dont have sufficent resources to cope with the amount of usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

KittyKat wrote:
    Are they having some kind of problem with that website over the past few weeks cos i'm having huge problems with trying to log in?? :mad:
    Yeah, its been well slow lately. I do be using it in college so its definitly their connection. Sometimes when I have said 'ok' to send a text message, it takes so long to process the request that I get logged out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

yeah, it wrecking the head. Even when it does load, bot all the page item do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Goddamn it. Might have to start paying for text messages!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I mentioned it to them this morning when I was on about something else, told them that they were giving me very little incentive to stay with them now that my contract was up. They admitted problems with the site, said that it had been down since 9am, so I told them that it's had effectively been "down" since August or September, and it was obvious that they weren't committing sufficient resources to it. Got the usual "we're working on it" guff.

This is the third issue I've had with them in a week, they'd need to pull the finger out or I'm gone next week.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The site has actually been working pretty weel for the past few months. Admitedly, the past few days have been a nuisance but lets not exadurate things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Yet again this site is down... TBH im not even surprised.. think im going to take your advice Gobby and start paying for them damn things.

I think the servers have been taken down for an upgrade of some sort.

Back now anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've had the same problems. Constant timeouts, slow logins, etc.. I put it down to the fact that if you can't send them for free online, you'll use your phone and they'll make money :(

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    .. I put it down to the fact that if you can't send them for free online, you'll use your phone and they'll make money :(
    Why would they spend all that time and money developing it, hosting it and maintaining it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

its a bit erratic alright.

somedays its grand, others its dog slow.

still im not complaining with 300 free messages

anyone tried that textbuddy thing? Its really handy but doesnt always work instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

if ye don't wanna bother going through vodavone for text ye can use www.donaloconnor.net/sms/ .
    don't complain and don't use it if ye don't trust me when i say i don't i don't keep records of user/passwords. simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 handandshrimp

wondering if that textbuddy is any good? I have a few friends that are using it and was wondering if it was worth my time, ow the address is www.textbuddy.com , right?

Advertisement