Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox service - 95 euro. :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

as i said i can get the saves off using my xbox, i will put your hdd in my xbox and save them to a memory card and copy them across onto your new xbox from there very easy. and thets the end of the circle, as far as i know microsoft will format the xbox when you send it into them i could be wrong but thats what i have heard from a few friends
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

id go with peterk19 suggestion to let him have a look at it! itll be cheaper and form the looks of the xbox modding thread he knows his stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I have a copy of halo 2 - official but not obtained 100% legally.
    Cant you just claim your a tester/ reviewer or something? :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

dodgy. If i was a tester it would be a testing box and i wouldn't have a fully printed retail DVD.

Well after a lengthy investigation for those of you interested it was the DVD-ROM drive that was at fault (not just a loose cable as i had hoped). 2 years of heavy gaming seems to have knackered it. Another has been ordered from www.divineo.com 44 sterling. Saving about 33 euro off a service and about 100 euro off a new one.
    I emailed xbox support about servicing open boxes. no reply as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Just to warn you m8!!! Divineo use Fed Ex for shipping and most of their stuff goes through customs..I bought a PS2 lazer and paid 39 Canadian dollars and 24 dollars for shipping...I then got another bill from fedex for 23 euro...customs value was 16 and fedex administration charge was 7...it's a rip off if you ask me so don't be surprised if you get another bill!

They are based in the UK. EU law now states that once you pay the VAT in the country you are purchasing from then you cannot be liable for duty on entering any other EU border. You got it from outside the EU so yea, they shag you.
    CDWOW now get duties added because they are based in Hong Kong. Had to re0source their cd's to remain competitve with play who are based in Jersey but registered in England.
    (me worked in WorldPay.com - i don't actually read up on this trash)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Thats good to hear mate wha\t type of drive did you order was it a samsung drive by any chance.
    Pete

Its a thomson one. Just bog standard replacement. nothing frilly or fancy.
    44sterling including delivery. 34.95 for the actual drive itself.

Advertisement