Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donkey Konga

Options
  • 20-10-2004 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

Signs you're playing this game too much....

1. Take That's "back for good" is playing on the radio, and you're playing the bongo version on your desk in work (getting strange looks from your colleagues)

Got it last weekend in Smyths (tenner cheaper than Game with a loyalty card - €49.50), and its such a laugh.... Its really satisfying to do a difficult tune without any mistakes...

Anyone else got it? Finished any Gorilla tunes yet?

(If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, click here)

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I kinda want to get Donkey Konga, but the little sister is getting it from the big fat man in the big red suit so I'll wait till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Dammit now you're tempting me.

Did you get to play it multiplayer (two people) yet? That looks like it might be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yes, but 2nd and 3rd players use standard controllers. Left stick for left bongo, any of the right buttons (a,b,x,y) for right bongo, any of the back buttons (l,r,z) for clapping. Not as fun as the bongos, but at least I can play 3 player using my 2 standard controllers (taking turns with the bongos).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wait...you actually use the bongo's? I thought it was just a cheap plastic set you got free, a gimiky thing. But they actually connect to the GC?

Correct. There are microphones inside that determine which bongo you hit, and detect claps. And they're not cheap quality either - they are very well made, and make a nice bongo-ish* sound when hit.

* Todays word of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I been waiting for this for months.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

haven't played this enough yet...got it in smyth's software zone as well.

played a couple of songs on the bongo - great fun ... my serious lack of rhythm notwithstanding...

now to see how much a full set of 4 bongos will set me back...

€35 a pop in Smyths...

sweet jebus me hands are knacked, this is great fun tho.

Ehh the kids love it yeah got it for them ;0

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This sounds like too much fun to pass up. On to the got to get list you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

The game looks great but the ad nintendo put out for it, is quite frankly awful and will possibly lose sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i cant really see myself getting it. i mean ill get bored of the pretty crappy songs quick and just have some bongos sitting there. im sure it would be fun but i think ill give it a miss.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i cant really see myself getting it. i mean ill get bored of the pretty crappy songs quick and just have some bongos sitting there. im sure it would be fun but i think ill give it a miss.

Ah you of little originality , play need for speed using the bongos :)
    This game is superb , as drunken party game or even a game game , great challenge. Dont Stop me now is evil !
    kdjac

Yeah its a great laugh.... 32 songs * 3 skill levels = 96 songs to master. Getting a gold DK symbol on all the songs will take a long time, and when its this much fun, you don't mind playing songs over and over again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

i find that clicking your fingers makes it way easier than clapping..although that may be cheating!!

Great game tho!

"99 red ballons...."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

sound_wave wrote:
    i find that clicking your fingers makes it way easier than clapping..although that may be cheating!!

Great game tho!

"99 red ballons...."

lol i've been tapping my finger/ring against the side of the bongo for the claps to save my hands!! Clapping hurts after a while! :D

Clicking whilst drunk also makes you feel part of the song :/

kdjac

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Great fun, played it at Games Stars Live in London – I was rubbish, so started laughing so I could draw attention to the act of making a fool of one’s self

Yeah I clap the sides of the bongos too... (technically its still clapping!)

Advertisement