Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire drills

Options
  • 20-10-2004 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

How often do these things happen in the year? I had two proper lectures yesterday, and both of them were hijacked by the fire drills. (I swear, they're following me around.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

They are normally very rare, but theyve been doing them a lot in the last two weeks, Ive been fecked out of Spar, The Hub and the CA labs, trust my luck they didnt happen during a crappy lecture!!

Id say they will stop after this week anyway, probably a new security manager or something who wants to get his jollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

every building has to have at least 1 a year, some times they do 2 a year for some buildings, theres a fair few buildings so could be 20 a year or more, diet smoke break time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Aw I was in the middle of a particularly bad digital electronics practical when it happened! I was thrilled... now i have an excuse for never gettin the f3ckin thing to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

SteveD wrote:
    Aw I was in the middle of a particularly bad digital electronics practical when it happened! I was thrilled... now i have an excuse for never gettin the f3ckin thing to work
    All I can say is colour coordinate the wires. Makes it much easier to follow what's going on. I hope you're looking forward to the rest of the module!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Turfed out of res today for a drill. Argh.

• Advertisement

Raz wrote:
    All I can say is colour coordinate the wires. Makes it much easier to follow what's going on. I hope you're looking forward to the rest of the module!

Oh we did all that. Spent lots of time using blue ones for inputs, green for outpus, Red for vcc, black for gnd.....

It just wouldnt goddamn work!

Got through the first year digital alright though

Ahh! Sean Marlow this year? Lovely guy, crap lecturer!

For digital? nope Gabriel Miro Muntean. Had him for software in first year too

Can't say I've ever heard of him. Is he any good? Had Derek Molloy for digital in first year, he was very good.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haven't gotten any drills yet and I'm in Computer Apps.

I think it's a good idea tbh; there's too many eejits in my class; could do with "slimmin' down the numbers".

... as it were.

• Advertisement
Advertisement