Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV Jackass

Options
  • 07-05-2001 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

personally i think this is ****ing brilliant. i'd actually want to try out some of that stuff. (not the mank **** like swimming in sewage tongue.gif )

what do ye think??

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Its alright, but there's only so many times you can laugh at people rolling around in poo.

As for trying it yerself.... didn't two kids try to get on the show by attempting to run each other over and one wound up with a broken leg? smile.gif

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

fupping excellent show! Did u see the one where your man was trying to start a fight with his dad. FANTASTIC.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

I'm offended.

BAN THAT GUY!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i'm not going to go out of my way to get hurt like. i'd do the one with the shopping trollies or the one with the baby carrier on the roof of the car. smile.gif

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
    -Nietzsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

IMO its the tom green show with more poo.

Originally posted by Lucy_la_morte:
    J'adore richindub2 mais pas le Spam.
    0o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

Jackass is class but there are already alot of programs cashing in on the franchise like Trigger Happy TV,Adam And Joe and Tom Green(the original and my fave)

Glaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Trigger Happy TV and Adam & Joe are completely different to stuff like Tom Green and Jackass.

Dom Joly is a comic genius and Trigger Happy TV doesn't resort to poo-diving and human barbeques to get laughs (don't get me wrong, that's also funny), its quite intelligent. Adam & Joe? there is no comparison - the stuff they do is totally different...

Tom Green and Jackass rely more on grossenss for their humour - its like people farting the alphabet, can be fun to watch, but it makes me groan more than laugh smile.gif

To say Trigger Happy TV and Ad & Joe have copied Jackass is absoultely ridiculous - they're at completely different ends of the spectrum.

Eye ham zee Walroos.
    You ham zee Flyhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭frood4t2

That show is the best show! The only show I'll consistently watch... I guess it is just because I can't imagine people doing some of this oh-so-stupid ****!

As for all the accidents by imitators, they know that MTV accepts no tapes, so they know they are wasting their time. And, those kids are dumb to begin with!

I must agree that my one of my favorites is Bam beating the **** out of his dad. And the baby on the roof of the car is class too.

frood4t2

frood4t2
    3stooges@mags.net

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by frood4t2:
    I must agree that my one of my favorites is Bam beating the **** out of his dad. And the baby on the roof of the car is class too.

frood4t2

</font>

or street kyaking!

-Nietzsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Interesting Facts About Johnny Knoxville, star of Jackass. He started out with little Jackass style segments in skateboard videos and famously shot himself with a .44 while wearing Kevlar (an incredibly stupid thing to do). Mtv have shown many of these moments but obviously refuse to show this as some american kids would obviously run straight out and try it.
    IMO the show is ok, sometimes sucks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

THe trollies is one of the funniest parts of the show.Trigger HAppy TV rocks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement