Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honeymoon recommendations - Round the world trips

• 20-10-2004 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for options for our honeymoon which will be in January 2006. Ebookers have a round the world trip on offer for E2665pp which includes accomodation. Does anyone have any links to other travel agents offering simular packages or should we consider booking flights and arranging accomodation ourselves?

Other options on honeymoon destinations would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials :D That trip sounds lovely. I was in Dubai last year and we went out to the Sahara Desert on an evening safari. It was very romantic. The stars and the moon are so beautiful in the darkness of the desert just lit with campfires. You can do an overnighter in a tent too as far as I know. Dubai is very modern (loads of shopping for the missus :D The diamonds are to die for and so cheap a friend bought a diamond ring for €9k and got it valued at home it is worth €45k here), in one half and really old fashioned in the other side. The souks are wonderful to wander around the smells and different way of life is lovely. I thought it very romantic and exotic anyway. Just my opinion anyway. www.cassidytravel.ie do honeymoons and www.united travel.ie do nice destinations. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks Gonker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I guess it depends on what you're looking for....we went to Bali for ours & in terms of pure relaxation in a completely different culture it could'nt be beaten.

Long way to go mind you - only an hour or so off of Oz.

Barbados is great too, if you don't mind getting into de spirit man !

I thing the trick is to book it through a good travel agent, one with experience in the field - the arrangements can really make the difference between enjoying & disaster !!

We booked through Twohigs - not the cheapest by far, but second to none service & knowledge http://www.twohigs.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaiser piggy

mmmm honeymoon to exotic destination.. am jealous :rolleyes:

havent had any experience with honeymooning but in terms of a good travel agent for Round the World type stuff, Trailfinders (dawson st) is a great place to start.

Most of the time I prefer to book stuff myself online and spend hours and hours trawling websites for the perfect holiday arrangements (slightly Obsessive Compulsive....) but when I went to Oz we let Trailfinders handle it all and it worked out perfectly, there is no way we would have gotten all the flights for cheaper, plus any time you want to change flight dates (not destinations) you just ring them or go into a local Trailfinders office and its no probs.. have fun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Thailand is an excellant location with magnificant hotels. I booked with Joe Walsh Tours. Just ring up and ask for long haul Holidays and they'll tailor your holiday to your budget. A couple of hundred saved on the flight could mean upgrades in Hotels ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

South Africa is excellent for affordable places to stay and eat that are totally amazing by our standards. You wont pay more than 50 euro for a meal anywhere including wine, and that is eating stuff that you have probably never heard of. Loads of other things to do there, safari, extreme sports, beautiful scenery etc etc Caters for whatever you are after.

Fiji is also a lovely place, if you want to relax for a bit. Go out to one of the islands, some of them are so small you can cover the whole island in less than 5 minutes. But they are all still very well equiped with great accomodation.

Personally I wouldnt book a huge package with a travel agent. More fun to do it yourself, but the convenience factor is a definate plus. My recommendation would be to do a bit of both. More fun that way too.

Advertisement