Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wicker Man

• 28-04-2001 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this on tv the other night?...pretty good i thought...some funky 70's hair cuts in there aswell for good measure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

what a profoundly disturbing ending...

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

OH GOD! OH JESUS CHRIST!

And then there's that scene with Britt Eclkand - hur, hur, hur.

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Good movie, though I was probably far too young the first time I saw it...
    Bad dubbing though, very obvious in places. Apparently Britt Ekland couldn't do a Scottish accent.

Great atmospheric tunes as well, anyone else notice the last track on Sneaker Pimps album is a cover of the track thats playing during DadaKopf's favourite scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trailen

Ok, saw this first when I thought it was illegal to watch it about 10 years ago.

Dracula it aint..

Gotta say that it seemed to age from what I remember.
    I remember watching it and thinking it was the most erotic thing I had ever seen (brother had borrowed it from a friend and we "sneak" watched it bunking school)

Then...bought it about 2 months ago to reminisce and found too many holes.
    At the same time one of the most bizarre and freakiest films ever made about a rural, Scottish, landlorded Island I ever seen.
    (loved the costumes and legends though!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement