Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Movie Clip Question

Options
  • 20-10-2004 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a slow day, so this may be a dumb question, but ...

I've made a car in flash and I want to animate the wheels moving as the car drives from one side of the canvas to the other. I've made a separate animation for the moving wheels (about 10 frames) and pasted them into the car movie clip (1 frame). When I tween the car from one side of the canvas to the other, the wheels don't move, but if I don't try to move the car - i.e. just leave it in the one place - the wheels do move. Am I missing something obvious or is this one of those complicated action scripty things?

Cheers.

R :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

You're doing something wrong, the wheels should move in both scenarios, without scripty things.

Just to clarify, you have three symbols:
    The stationary wheel, a movie clip or graphic.
    The wheel movie clip, 10 frames long, in which the stationary wheel rotates with a tween.
    The car movie clip, 1 frame long, which contains the car body, and two of the wheel movie clips.

You then have a main timeline which contains the car movie clip, moving from a to b with a motion tween.

Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭remoteboy

That pretty much sums it up

Advertisement