Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clustering

Options
  • 20-10-2004 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

hey

doin my fourth year project on clustering documents by the words they contain,just doin a bit of backround work at the moment and was wonderin if anybody has any sites on clusering algorithims in java or anything similar
    anything u have would be great cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This is what he is doing by the way ( in case a better description is needed ). What about your supervisor? Has he not been helpful, mine has given me lots of papers and books to read....by the way don't worry about not having some design/code work done yet because it seems that most of us are just being told to read for the next one or two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

This is what he is doing by the way ( in case a better description is needed ).
    /me toddled off to have a look..
    recognise when a number of students are making the same errors in their programs, and use that information to tailor future Java lectures so that those errors are corrected and understood.
    or even lart them for cogging..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TabluaRasa

Howdy,

I think you might want to start looking for/at textual pattern recognition algorithms - there may be a classification within that called clustering. You'll find stuff like this in books about AI. If you go looking for clustering algorithms on their own you are likely to find lots of stuff about load balancing, fail over and that sort of thing for servers.

Best of luck

Advertisement