Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Navan

Options
  • 20-10-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I once more contacted Eircom today, for about the 100th time to see whether or not I can get Broadband. Over the past two years I have being told it will be available in your area in January 2004. Well it is now October 2004 and nearly 3 years waiting I find out today that the Exchange for my area is not even being considered for upgrading to facilitate Broadband, and that it will be another couple of years before this upgrade will take place.

I am aware that other people in Navan are having similar problems so in response to this I have set up a Petition on the web site CarneHill.ie. It is my hope that if enough people sign then this would be submitted to Eircom and see if we can we can escalate the upgrade program for Navan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

The Navan exchange is upgraded and is also available for Esat ... are you sure you're on that exchnage? What's the leading digits of your phone no?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlanF

Eircom have informed me that we are serviced by a Local Cabinet Exchange "KICA", my leading number is 90.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Well you're not off Navan Exchange in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

You're probably on the Tara exchange.

Go to http://dsltrigger.eircom.ie/broadband.jsp and register your phone number.
    It'll tell you for sure which exchange you're on.

http://www.tarawan.net might get brouadband to you before eircom make it.

NiallB

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlanF

Okay, so the story is this.

I have an ISDN line working off the Kincarn Exchange, not going to have Broadband for a few years by all accounts.

I have another line off the Navan Exchange, but that Fails the line test.

What is a guy to do :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Digiweb maybe ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulmoran

You have the same problem I do - the Kilcarn exchange is not even registered on the Broadband trigger program (eircom).

I did put Digiweb in, but now it has to come back out because some new private networks have been installed in Navan and the Digiweb signal is kaput.

As an aside, the Digiweb experience has been woeful, with a very unreliable service and a useless customer support service.

I thought they had upgraded to 3.5Ghz kit which should not suffer from interference . They have a 3.5Ghz licence around Navan .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 JZF

:( I have been told today by digiweb that Net2cell has the only 3,5Ghz license around Navan. I have been deconnected from Digiweb today for the same reasons as above and will be refunded. I got Digiweb wireless after Eircom could not give me an idea of when DSL would be available on the Kingscourt side of Navan, I found out today with surprise that my phone line is now ok, any advice for the most reliable ISP in Navan ?

JZF wrote:
    :( I have been told today by digiweb that Net2cell has the only 3,5Ghz license around Navan.

Well thats bloody odd seeing as Comreg gave them one after they applied for it. It looks a bit like its centred north of Navan

The licence area is the black circle on this map .

http://www.comreg.ie/FWABroadband/3-5ChC.asp?S=4&NavID=228&M=

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 ceepee

we have a 3.5 licence centred in Kells, which will be live soon (thats what you spotted Muck). At the moment Navan is on 2.4 and one or two areas of the town are affected by other networks emerging (interference), though most of the town is fine and most customers connected without problems [that type of customer - of any provider - unfortunately rarely seem to take the time to post in boards.... ]. We are putting in place alternate platforms in Navan now which will not be subject to this interference, but where customers are genuinely affected in the mean time we are providing the refund option. Hope that explains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

AlanF wrote:
    Okay, so the story is this.

I have an ISDN line working off the Kincarn Exchange, not going to have Broadband for a few years by all accounts.

I have another line off the Navan Exchange, but that Fails the line test.

What is a guy to do :eek:

go out and see the world. the internet isnt all its cracked up to be. ;)

Advertisement