Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fav scene from a film

• 22-04-2001 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

It has to be in American Pie where, Jim's dad comes home, only to find his son intruding a homemade apple pie. smile.gif

or

In pulp fiction, the "Hmmm this is a tasty burger"

WAN WAN

Which ******* made my bed so comfortable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Opening sequence of The Godfather where the various guys are asking Marlon Brando for favours at his daughter's wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

every scene from Clerks.
    especially "Hi this is RST Video calling.. I'd like one each of the following tapes..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

Apocalypse Now,
    "This is a Romeo Foxtrot shall we dance."

Leon,

Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
    Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
    Stansfield: EVERYONE!

Loads more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yossarian:

Leon,

Stansfield: Bring me everyone.
    Benny: What do you mean "everyone"?
    Stansfield: EVERYONE!
    </font>

OH GOD YES!
    That is one of the single greatest films ever.

I prefer right at the end when Leon is staggering down the corridor, and you just see Stansfield step out behind him...
    Fantasticaly shot, it one of the most cinematic scenes ever.

And also one of the best quotes.
    "I love the little calm before the storm..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

The sequence in "Map of the Human Heart" where Narvik is flaoting in Zero G through fusalage of flaming bomber crashing towards Dresden during the fire bombing raids in WW2.

Far out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Either
    - The closing sequence in 'Gattaca'
    or
    - In 'Hunt for Red October', Russians start singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Apocalypse Now,
    </font>

The scene with the helicopters all flying in is absolutely beautiful.

That or the bridge halfway up the river with all the fireworks and explosions.

btw Heart Of Darkness (docu on making of Apo. Now) is pretty interesting if anyone hasnt seen it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

From The Empire Strikes Back ...
    The first time you ever see the Super Star Destroyer. The combination of the music and the camera shots are amazing ... how they get across the sheer size of it and how it dwarfs the huge star destroyers.

Redesigned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

whats ur fav scene?

mine gremlins2: elevator scene "sound alarm" gremlins:eaaa eaaa eaaa LMAO

and numerous other scenes from the same film... the flasher LOL

or when the gremlin jumps up after drinkin the brain juice ahhahahhahahahahahaha .... timeless classic LMAO biggrin.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where the sword wielding guy does all his fancy sword swinging stuff and Indie just pulls out his gun and shoots him. Class stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the final scene in Dr. Strangelove, where they guy with the cowboy hat rides the nuclear bomb, and you see all the nuclear explosions. smile.gif

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Not a Trekkie or Trekker or whatever by most means, but a scene from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country springs to mind and I'd like to add it to the list...

Starting with Bones getting a cloaked-Klingon-ship-seeking-missile ready yelling "She's ready Jim! Lock and load!", zooming close-up on Kirk, who kneels down to dramatically clench his fist and say "Fire!" as the music hits it's crescendo and (dramatically) ends... followed by the red glow of the missile winding it's way through space, the Klingon commander Chan (who quoted Shakespeare all through the film - good work fella!) appropriately saying "To be... <pause> ... or not to be..." and then a full shot from behind him as the missile hits and the bridge of his ship explodes. Space shot then of the crumbling ship on fire and then more volleys of shots coming from the Enterprise and Captain Sulu's ship (with Sulu and Kirk saying "FIRE!" with authoritaaaaaiii) finishing it off and blasting it to hell... it's just a dead cool ending to a film and was a nice way for that cast to bow out.

Bard

"and there was much rejoicing..."

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:
    btw Heart Of Darkness (docu on making of Apo. Now) is pretty interesting if anyone hasnt seen it..</font>
    Havent seen it. Hoping they include it on the Apocalypse Now SE DVD later this year. Also heard rumours this will be an extended version of the film, approx 3hrs.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    the final scene in Dr. Strangelove, where they guy with the cowboy hat rides the nuclear bomb, and you see all the nuclear explosions. smile.gif

</font>
    Peter Sellers scene as Dr Strangelove, battleing his hand is pure genius.
    "Mein Furher! I can valk!".

Apocalypse Now,
    </font>

not my kinda film but that part was class! hee hee

n the boys out on the surf boards with the mortars flyin all over...mad

after just watchin it last nite...A time to kill: makeing his closeing argument "...and now imagine she's white"

actually the entire speech was quite moving! wink.gif

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 23-04-2001).]

they all come to me now!

Matrix: at the end when the two agents run like hell LOL thought that was very funny! biggrin.gif

from Dr Strangelove: (i love that film)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley
    </font>

or
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines." - General "Buck" Turgidson</font>

one of the best films i ever saw!

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 23-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

star trek 2, battle in the mutara nebula. Ok, a little longer than a scene but there are so many great ones in that segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Apoc. now when the helicopters come over the hill and Wagner's "Ride of the valkyries" playing in the background.

M:I-2, just the part where he blows up the door near the end. The dove flies through and tom cruise walks past, in glorious John Woo slowdown. love it.

Opening to clerks. Dante falls out of his wardrobe smile.gif

Optimus Prime's death in transformers the movie. **sniff**

Gremlins, when one of them driving the digger smile.gif

Gremlins 2. the interview with the brain gremlin. You know the part, the baby gremlin comes up to him as he's talking about being civilised. Brain turns round and shoots him, then asks "now was that civilised?" biggrin.gif

Blues brothers, at the start when jake gets his stuff back before being released biggrin.gif "one unused profilactic. One soiled"

Practically any scene in the southpark movie. god i never laughed so much. especially when the scientist gets cartman to read the cards biggrin.gif

Loads more too, too many to write.

God i love films.

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Advertisement

criters not sure which (has been a while!)

woman comes out of the house with a shotgun..
    crite1 "they've got weapons!"
    crite2 "so what!"
    *BANG*
    crite1 "FU<K!!!"

LMAO biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

The restaurant scene in the restaurant in Scarface, never have i heard such a speech.

Also the restaurant scene in Pulp Fiction when Good ole Samuel L. Jackson asks the crazy b itch with the gun to act like Fonzy, and the bit where they stop before leaving the restaurant and look around and leave.

Speaking of restaurant scenes theres the best one in Resevoir Dogs at the beginning, the conversation is great, the explanation of Madonnas 'Like a Virgin' by Quentin Tarantino is class A.

And the moral of the story is, some interesting sh!t happens in restaurants.

And almost any scene in Young Frankenstein. watch and LOL ur way thru.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Perhaps the opening scene to 2001. Love that film. I hope it is re-realeased soon.

Also, the scene in Thin Red Line when they raid the Japaneese camp and the character is giving a monologue discussing the nature of humanity's evil.

The scene in Being John Malkovich when John Malkovich goes into John Malkovich's head.

Pick any scene from Kundun.

The final scene of Shawshank Redemption.

The intro to Fight Club.

My favourite shot is in The Lost World when they are walking through a field of maize at night. There is an overhead 3/4 shot that shows the maize being trampled down by the raptors that are approaching.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I didn't think that Fight Club was goignt o be a good film
    it made the fella out to be a physco at the start and I was thinking.. when's these fight's going to start smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I don't know... among the candidates are:
    The Matrix (when Neo opens his eyes after being shot by Agent Smith)

Fight Club (from when the story returns to the starting point)

Falling Down (the final scene)

And God said to Adam: 'I am root, FOO.'

It rained in San Francisco Wednesday evening, but the penguins were
    still there Thursday morning, smiling broadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

The scene in Clerks where Randall gets Dante to admit that he tried to suck his own c0ck. Wicked.

or

The Ending to the Usual Suspects, amazing twist.

In a dark dark place, in a dark dark house, in a dark dark room, in a dark dark cupboard, in a dark dark shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Again? Didnt we have this a few months back? Neway ill go along with some suggestions (these are numbered for no reason whatsoever, its just im a numbers kind of guy smile.gif)

1. The Usual Suspects :needs no explaining really

2. Heat : that running gun battle blew me away

3. Clear and present danger: that scene where they were ambushed in the white vans

And the list goes on

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this....
    bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Nothing beats that scene from the cable guy with jim carrey immitating spock smile.gif
    *hums music* lol

All in all is all we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Anything Fenster (Benicio Del Toro) says in Usual Suspects. Particlarly in the Police Line up:

Fenster: Hand me the key ya **** sucker.
    Cop: In english please.
    Fenster: Excuse me.
    Cop: In english.
    Fenster: Hand me the ****ing keys ya **** sucker, what the ****.

To refresh your memory
    http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/sounds/fenster.wav

[This message has been edited by TinCool (edited 23-04-2001).]

• Advertisement

blair witch project:

the guy standing in the corner at the end!
    scared the sh!t outta me!!! biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TinCool:
    Anything Fenster (Benicio Del Toro) says in Usual Suspects. Particlarly in the Police Line up:

To refresh your memory

[This message has been edited by TinCool (edited 23-04-2001).]
    </font>

A classic to be sure - Fenster rocked smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

in fight club a t the start Brad pitt says

"well what have you got so say for yourself"

-"mdshsd hwehwdf md" (pitt removes gun from his mouth)

-"I cant think of anything"

then at the end of the movie the EXACT same scene but they tie the whole film together

"well what have you got so say for yourself"

-"mdshsd hwehwdf md" (pitt removes gun from his mouth)

-"I still cant think of anything"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

Independence Day the final battle between the humans and the aliens and when Randy Quaid flies up into the Beam and says "Up Yours!"

Frinky

Glaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

"I've seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments.. will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Time... to die."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 The_One_and_Only_Q!

Apoc Now:
    The Helicopter Scene with Wagner playing

The Ending scene where they sacrifice the buffalo(?) and Kurtz death are synchronized.

Trainspotting:
    The ending scene were Renton is running away and they have the "Choose Life" thinggie in the background

F*****g Amal (show me love):
    The ending bathroom scene is classic smile.gif

Clerks:
    The video rental scene
    The scene where they are going to the funeral (dante geting to say he will suck hiw own....)
    The sex w/ a dead guy scene

Crouching tiger/Hidden Dragon:
    The ending scene where she jumps
    The fight with the weapons in the dojo(?)

and there prolly some more hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prof.Frink:
    Independence Day the final battle between the humans and the aliens and when Randy Quaid flies up into the Beam and says "Up Yours!"

Frinky

</font>

All i have to say to that is....
    <snigger>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Couple of mine already mentioned:
    The big fight in the courtyard between the 2 ladies in Crouching Tiger...
    The very last scene in the Blair Witch - scared me sensless too.

The bit in Fight Club when he realises the twist "We have just lost cabin pressure..."

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[url="http://http:clanhitk.warfactory.com"][honey i] violated [the kids][/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Apocalypse Now: Rising out of the water, war paint on the face, water steaming. Visual impact is brilliant.

God Father - in the resturant, police chief at the table with the turk. Corrleone heads into the toilet to get the gun. They use the sound of the train overhead to time in perfectly with the sound of his blood rushing to his head as he prepares to kill someone in cold blood for the first time. Just like the same rush of blood you get with adrenaline and tension from a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Probably when the Boat gets shot at in Apocalypse Now. All the tracers come flying out of the thick forest. Striking stuff.

Or the scene in Traffic when yer man is being driven to be shot (I wont spoil it for you if you have not seen it). "... don't tell her I died this way... Tell her it was something official". Touching stuff.

Another was The Thing, when they were doing the tests to find out who was real. "Now if you don't mind, I would'nt like to spend the rest of the Winter, TIED TO THIS ****ING CHAIR!". Classic stuff.

Many more of course. No one has even mentioned the bean eating scene from Blazing Saddles.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

[This message has been edited by ThunderingMike (edited 25-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

2 favourite scenes

Interview with a vampire

The scene where louie first meets claudia and Lestat dances with Claudia's corpse of a mother.

True romance

Sicilians are descendants of "nigga's"
    The scene ends with the line "i havent killed anybody since 1986."

V.Good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TinCool:

To refresh your memory

</font>

Well said young man, Benicio is the man.

Just off the top of my head, the entire hospital sequence in Hard Boiled...

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

One of my fav scenes would have to be from A Few Good Men (was on TV there the other nite)

Brilliant acting by Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessep) and Tom Cruise (Lt. Kaffee)

JESSEP
    You want answers?

KAFFEE
    I think I'm entitled to them.

JESSEP
    You want answers?!

KAFFEE
    I want the truth.

JESSEP
    You can't handle the truth!

[And nobody moves.]

JESSEP
    (continuing)
    Son, we live in a world that has walls.
    And those walls have to be guarded by men
    with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You,
    Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater
    responsibility than you can possibly
    fathom. You weep for Santiago and you
    curse the marines. You have that luxury.
    You have the luxury of not knowing what I
    know: That Santiago's death, while tragic,
    probably saved lives. And my existence,
    while grotesque and incomprehensible to
    you, saves lives.

(beat)
    You don't want the truth. Because deep
    down, in places you don't talk about at
    parties, you want me on that wall. You me
    there
    (boasting)
    We use words like honor, code,
    loyalty...we use these words as the
    backbone to a life spent defending
    something. You use 'em as a punchline.
    (beat)
    I have neither the time nor the
    inclination to explain myself to a man who
    rises and sleeps under the blanket of the
    very freedom I provide, then questions the
    manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer
    you just said thank you and went on your
    way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a
    weapon and stand a post. Either way, I
    don't give a damn what you think you're
    entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

The shot in traffic where the perspective develops progressively while the helicopter descends.
    Classic stuff.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

the ending of Full metal jacket when they sing "Mickey Mouse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

I'm amazed no one's mentioned these yet...they are my fave scenes from films (impossible to just pick one):

The first of my scenes has already been mentioned- and here's the quote:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Originally posted by Sico:
    I've seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments.. will be lost in time like tears in rain.
    Time... to die."
    </font>

Amazing scene in a truly landmark film.

People have mentioned the Usual Suspects, but I'm amazed that Fenster's c0cksucka scene was mentioned at the expense of the best scene in the film. So as not to spoil it for everyone, I'll approach the scene obliquely (and a little ambigiously).

After releasing the informer "Verbal" Kint from his makeshift interrogation room
    Special Agent Kujan takes a sip of his coffee and casually glances up at the noticeboard..."

This scene- and the action that immediatly follows it, makes it one of the best scenes I've ever seen in a film.

Another favorite has to be Steve McQueen's turn as Cpt. Virgil Hilts, heroically trying to escape over the border by jumping a series of barbed-wire fences on his motorbike- classic stuff.

No one mentioned Star Wars either frown.gif

Too many scenes in that film alone for me to pick from- but I'll pick one- the events leading up to and including Red 5's heroic bomb down the final stretch of the Death Star trench.

More scenes will follow as I think of them, hopefully biggrin.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Veni Vidi Vici=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

theres a good scene in three kings, when the shoot out is done in slow motion, following each persons action one at a time.
    pretty slick

For slow motion i think its worth mentioning Sam Peckinpahs film Cross of Iron.
    The subtle use of slow'mo as Steiner discards an empty magazine just looks class. The variable speed (i think) slow'mo used during the scene where Kiesel is killed is yet another impressive shot.

[This message has been edited by Yossarian (edited 03-05-2001).]

the kiss in Cruel Intentions. buffy and the other bird.

this scene was recommended by Yosemite Sam.

eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Here's another one everyone missed- and my best slow-motion scene. The scene from Platoon, as Charlie Sheen's character and the rest of his platoon watch Elias being abandoned, chased, and gunned down from their rescue chopper. The entire sequence is beautfully, if theatrically shot, and the slow cut back to Barnes' face is priceless.

Oh, and how could I forget...Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...the photo-finish ending to that film is also one of my all-time favorite scenes. Purely classic stuff.

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Dago Gracias Regina Fide Defensor=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

final scene in The 400 Blows. saw it recently, it's on my mind.

Also, Ghostbusters: "Aim for the flat-top!" and
    >

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

• Advertisement
Advertisement