Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fav scene from a film

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

The final scene of Chinatown.

*The driver of this world is dead at the wheel*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

The whole of "don't be a menace to South Central while drinkin juice in the hood"
    especially when the homeless guy comes to the door and says "i suck your dick" Sheer Brilliance

Or the opening scene in Shaft that song rules

or the final scene in The Chamber when Chris O donnell is runnin away. Brilliance

but no.1 is ESCAPE TO VICTORY when Pele equalises against da Nazi's to make it 4-4 what a goal what a goal

Lets get back to basics Niall, the ball is round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trailen

2 spring to mind - although you can never think of them when you HAVE to = will probably remember best scenes next week when it will be too late.

1. After Hours - When she puts him in Papier Mache
    2. Mediteraneo - When he hides out in barrel and pretends there is no one in it.....the best..
    3. Betty Blue - Him in make up sitting at table with the gas cooker on - Does he? Doesn't he?

(just realised - must have a penchant for foreign films)

[This message has been edited by Trailen (edited 14-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Another few here:

Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
    (If you saw the original one first, it's fantastic.)
    The scene in the corridor where The Terminator and The T-1000 are closing in on John Connor, and the Terminator just pulls out the shotgun, and then he says: "GET DOWN!"
    YOU JUST NEVER EXPECTED IT!!!

Another scene from the film is where Sarah is trying to escape from the asylum, and as she goes for the elevaotor, HE steps out... Fantasticaly shot.

Or at the very end of Angel Heart. What a twist!
    I'm not spoiling it though...
    But there were so many great scenes in that film, it was so actisticaly shot.

The scene in One Flew Over The Cookoo's Nest in the morning where everyone is drunk and all over the floors, and the nurse just walks in... Brilliant.

And "THAT" scene in American History X...
    I'm not going to mention it, but those who have seen the film, know what I'm talking about.
    The end scene is fantastic aswell.

Conan The Barbarian. One of my favorite films EVER.
    The part where Conan bring the torch up to burn the remains of his dead lover...
    And the music was simply the best movie soundtrack ever written.
    "Conan does not cry... So I cry for him..."
    Just fantastic.

Advertisement