Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Navan

Options
  • 20-10-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I once more contacted Eircom today, for about the 100th time to see whether or not I can get Broadband. Over the past two years I have being told it will be available in your area in January 2004. Well it is now October 2004 and nearly 3 years waiting I find out today that the Exchange for my area is not even being considered for upgrading to facilitate Broadband, and that it will be another couple of years before this upgrade will take place.

I am aware that other people in Navan are having similar problems so in response to this I have set up a Petition on the web site CarneHill.ie. It is my hope that if enough people sign then this would be submitted to Eircom and see if we can escalate the upgrade program for Navan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

What exchange, exactly, are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlanF

I was informed two years ago that it was the Drogheda Exchange, then today I was told that it is a Local Cabinet Exchange "KICA".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hmmm. Nearly every town and village in the country has a telephone exchange, so in no way is Drogheda correct. KICA may refer to your area... Kilcarn?
    Where, roughly are you in Navan? If you are over 5KM from the centre of town, you are goosed. You dont have to say exactly, just a rough idea, but sufficiently not as vague!

TBH, you may be better getting a technical reply in the Broadband Forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

iam a bit outside navan,no broadband for me

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

I am involved in a group called TaraWAN. We are setting up a wireless network to cover much of south including areas such as Kilmessan, Dunsany, Kiltale, Tara Trim and Navan. We will be able to provide broadband internet access along with many extra, local services over this network.

To find out more have a look at our website http://www.tarawan.net

• Advertisement
Advertisement