Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get a wheel

Options
  • 20-10-2004 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a new wheel for a Fiat Bravo(old one is dented too badly and it only has a space saver as a spare). been to two scrapyards out my way and neither have a wheel suitable for a fiat bravo ( 175/65 R14 )

Can anyone recommend somewhere (aside from a dealership) where I can get a wheel and tyre , preferably on the Northside .

Thanks
    Fionn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

there is few Fiat's for parts in buy and sell

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

had a look , couldn't see anything suitable , nice one for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

is it an alloy wheel or just an ordinary wheel?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I know your pain, in the end I had to settle for a pair of R13's for a Tipo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Traynors in the North, traynors in the North, traynors in the north 048 38891242 and they deliver.... And they bring me cheap engines with one month warranties and they give discount if you ask nicely.

Failing that mullingar auto breakers say they carry lots of Fiats but they are hit and miss - 044 43755

And if you find the front of a 1.2 Bravo/va pm me 'cos I am looking to weld it onto the back of one and need it complete.

'c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

And if you find the front of a 1.2 Bravo/va pm me 'cos I am looking to weld it onto the back of one and need it complete.
    wtf!?!?! front onto back??

wtf!?!?! front onto back??

Oh its an old story of love and hate - found one with fire damaged engine in back of dealers and bought it for cheap but I need engine, ECU, wiring loom, and lots of plastic bits to replace the melty bits on mine. I'll find one eventually but if peeps is looking around the country for wheels for Fionn101, then you never know. (Oh, I have two five spoke Tipo 15" wheels with good tyres off a Seidicivalvole if you want 'em Cap'n Midnight)

And its worth noting that Fiat use a range of different wheel offsets so be careful or you will end up on your roof in a ditch. Like me. Honest. Well ok, I was going too fast in a Punto with only one headlight and lost it on mud - not really the wheel offsets - but don't tell my wife that. But I did tear through the sidewalls of a new pair of Pirellis in a week due to wrong offsets. Oh dear, time for my medicine....

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

'c

Holy crap dude don't do that :eek: That is whats called a cut and shut job and if your involved in an accident in such a car you will most probably be killed, I sh1t you not they are lethal in a crash.

'Ceptr you the man , I'll give those numbers a call , and keep an eye out for a 1.2 (any partic year?)

It's just a normal wheel woosays , but rather elusvie it seems . it's also known as the lesser spotted brava in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I had 4 wheels off a bravo that I couldn't get rid of about 8 months ago, funny how things go isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Redshift wrote:
    Holy crap dude don't do that :eek: That is whats called a cut and shut job and if your involved in an accident in such a car you will most probably be killed, I sh1t you not they are lethal in a crash.

Danger aside...it was still pretty illegal last time I heard, not a good plan in general.

De Hipster wrote:
    Danger aside...it was still pretty illegal last time I heard, not a good plan in general.

Chill out city-homeys!! Down the country its seen as a badge of honour to drive something made from as many cars as possible. I worded my original post poorly - I am not doing a cut-and-shut (not this time) and I just need the contents of the engine bay of a 1.2 16V Bravx 80.

Cutting and shutting is not illegal provided the work is carried out by a registered engineering shop they stand over the work and carry out laser alignment afterward. It is illegal when it is done by me outside my house using a mig welder and U-Pol.

Did I ever tell the story of the Mini that I cracked in half after jumping a hump-backed bridge? It was a standard 998cc on 10" wheels and I hit the bridge at about 50mph, lifted all four wheels and when it cam down there was a sickening crunch. On inspection there was a half inch wide gap in the tunnel behind the handbrake, running from one side of the car to the other. Now that was a cut and shut....

Remind me to tell you about the Ford Transit I jumped over the same bridge sometime. I wish I had taken pictures...

'c

classic, tell us about the transit , hope you had mates checking the road was clear.

Fionn101 wrote:
    classic, tell us about the transit , hope you had mates checking the road was clear.

Ah there you go with the old 'safety first' message. On the Dublin road out of Waterford the railway line runs parallel for a few miles and if you turn in right on any of the lanes there is a railway crossing within a few hundred yards. Some of these crossings are the house-with railway-gates-and-oul-lad-who-opens-them variety but there are a couple of hump backed bridges where the road is higher than the railway. I was working for a domestic appliance repair company and was late delivering a new washing machine to a house up one of these lanes and having gotten lost several times was becoming very stressed as the evening wore on - I was going to have to plumb the machine when I arrived so I was really bugged.

Anyways I booted up what I reckoned was the right lane, came around a bend and hit this yump-back at 40-45 in a MkI Transit with a loose washing machine in the back and I got major air - all four wheels lifted and the van twisted slightly and landed with a bang, juddering violently and I hit the ditches on either side of the road before getting it straight and getting my tongue out of my throat. I got out, no major damage to what was already a tatty van, there were tools and bits of plastic everywhere however the washing machine front panel had been totally stoved in.

I went back to the shop, got the bits to fix the machine, fixed it, delivered it, plumbed it and was back the following day but couldn't get the bottle to hit the hump fast enough to lift the four wheels again.

Note to Waterford readers: If your ma has a washing machine and the Tippex I put on to cover the scratches came off and caused it to rust prematurely - sorry but it was in the name of an unrepeatable adreniline rush.

'c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

lol, did anyone else think he was gonna jump over the said ford transit!, or was that just me?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm not sure I belive a word 'ceptor says! ;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I'm not sure I belive a word 'ceptor says! ;)

Mike.

Don't make me come 'round your housing estate and burn do-nuts on the grass in front of your house with my Mini.....

If I wanted to be boring people with stories I was making up, I'd have a nob-blog and my own pay-per-view website, this forum is particularly devoid of stories of derring-do and adventure. How many of you have prayed to almighty God as you slid toward the horizon in a rented car and survived, or spent the night in a police cell in a foreign country for doing 120mph on an unfinished motorway? Less threads with 'My dad doesn't know whether to buy a Diahatsu Domino or a Subaru Justy what do you think?' and more threads like 'Wanna see pics of me powersliding a Nissan Primastar?'

'c

Advertisement