Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone.ie - slow / webtext unavailable

Options
  • 20-10-2004 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

anyone having trouble with the 'My Vodafone' site - it's a bit better than earlier when I couldn't log in for ages (time outs) but still no joy sending any webtexts
    Webtext

There has been a server error, please try again later

BrianG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Im constantly having trouble with that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Same here, it's been really bad for the last few weeks. I'd send them an email to complain but they no longer seem to have any contact email address listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah that site has been farked for friggin weeks now.
    I don't care what they say ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Yep, it's been really slow over the last few days. Almost impossible to use. It does seem to be loading a bit faster now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I got a welcome call off vodafone last week, went through a load of spiel and then finally gave me one good bit of info that I didnt know. That you can send pics taken and stored on phone to online picture album. And its a free service (amazingly for vodafone!)

Nice one, or I so I thought - sent a few pics to online photo album, then I tried to open it through myvodafone.ie and it either failed and went back to main menu or else came up connection server error. Has anyone been able to access this or am I doing something drastically wrong...? (apart from bothering to access myvodafone in the 1st place)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I have been using the webtext on and off the past 2-3 weeks without any problems at all. Seems to work fine. Only thing is the site is a bit slow most of the time. Also, this has happened to me twice, all of the sudden from having 200++ more text that I can sent, it goes to 0 all of the sudden and I am not able to send any more text for the rest of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Webtext hasnt been working with 3 weeks for me. I thought it was a browser problem, but going back to IE didnt solve it either.

Still, I guess we cant complain for something that we get for free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Im havein probs today for first time ever?? Anyone else not able to get webtexts to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

other than a five minute period two days ago I haven't had it all week at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I haven't been able to use the webtext over the past few days. "Server error, please try again later".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

What is the story with acessing the vodafone website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's been up and down like a harlot's knickers for the last three weeks or so.

It's not down, just slow as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

decbuck wrote:
    What is the story with acessing the vodafone website?

It is just terribly slow almost everytime you go to use it and it has always seemed to be the case. You'd think they would be able to sort it out! :rolleyes: Typical I suppose!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

If i was the boss in vodafone, i'd be handing out P45's all round to the web team.

The site is so slow all day, only respectable speed is at night. The text messaging service is usually unusable during the day!

Have any of you complained to vodafone about this.

Considering they offer a service where you can view your bills only online and not receive papaer bills this is a disgrace.

What replies (if any) have you gotten from them? I was going to ring the helpline, but can imagine the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

previous attempts to mention it to customer support have brought responses ranging from - 'it must be your browser' :rolleyes: to a more realistic 'it's a temporary problem' (although a temporary problem that keeps reoccurring on a very regular basis)

perhaps someone in Voda has raised the issue as they currently have a vodafone.ie website survey running at the moment... so if you have time let them know about the problems you are having, needless to say they scored a Poor from me for "Speed of access"...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eagerbeaver

I feel all yer pains - I access it from work which has a DSL Line and it takes forever - can only imagine what dial-up is like during the day. At nite I can access it from my dial-up and its relatively fast. Although I have noticed on more than one occassion even though the "server error" appears the txt is still actually sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

I've started using this program which basically takes your login info and goes through the logging in process in vodafone for you and sends the message so you can leave it do all that in the background.

It's handy in the way you don't have to keep logging in & waiting on the vodafone site.
    But sometimes it sends the same message a few times to the recipient.
    Worth a look anyway

http://www.nitrowebsoftware.com/software/textbuddy/what.php

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

fuse wrote:
    I've started using this program which basically takes your login info and goes through the logging in process in vodafone for you and sends the message so you can leave it do all that in the background.

It's handy in the way you don't have to keep logging in & waiting on the vodafone site.
    But sometimes it sends the same message a few times to the recipient.
    Worth a look anyway

http://www.nitrowebsoftware.com/software/textbuddy/what.php
    That's sweet! Nice one. You can never have enough icons in your system tray ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

This message popped up hitting the Vodafone Homepage today:
    Service Announcement

Over the next couple of weeks we are improving our site. During this upgrade period the following services may be occasionally unavailable:
    - My Vodafone Registrations
    - Vodafone Mail

The speed of the site may also be effected during this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and endeavour to ensure that the transition has as little impact as possible.

So looks like they are going to do something about the site probelms... hopefully...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yeah spotted that.. but I wonder what will they do!! knowin them it'll be as bad as ever. they could do with takin a few tips off the meteor.ie website.. although fair enough they only give 30 msgs per month.. u can save no's to a phonebook and send to no's abroad.. very handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

hopefully they are adding a bit more hardware to deal with the load....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

new hardware (among other things) was added over the weekend, I hope you will find that the performance is significantly better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

detritus wrote:
    new hardware (among other things) was added over the weekend, I hope you will find that the performance is significantly better.

That's good to hear. It does seem a lot faster then it has been in recent weeks.

Edit: Just using it there and it's lightning fast at the moment....good job. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭seagizmo

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Cork_girl wrote:
    I wonder what will they do!! knowin them it'll be as bad as ever.
    I take it back.. it's going better than ever ;) so far so good.. fingers crossed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

detritus wrote:

Hey Detritus nice new email interface and the extra space will come in handy to is there any plans to upgrade the free text interface i.e. Address book, and maybe international texts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭detritus

plenty of plans, Mr X, hope to have progress soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

i cant get into my email on vodafone.ie

Advertisement