Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stream audio

Options
  • 20-10-2004 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

How do Phantom stream the station from the site? I know this has been asked in the past so sorry for going over old ground but I can't remember what you said last time.

What software do you use? Is it complicated to set up? And how much does the whole set up cost?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I can't remember how paul clarke explained it before but....

they use wma v9 encoding, and use their irish broadband link to send it over to america then it gets sent back here, which works out cheaper says pete reed so thats all I know.

I stream radio too, but I use SAM2 broadcaster and have an accoutn with the winamp owned www.shoutcast.com. The cool thing about that is that they will relay you for free and help you set up, but you are limited by your connection to how many people can connect to your stream.

Example : you have 512kbps DSL , and you are streaming 28kbps mp3 encoded audio... you in a perfect world you can only have like just under 20 people connected to you at any one time, cause thats all your bandwidth can allow.

I recommend SAM2 broadcaster though, tis a great lil program, works well with shoutcast too.

Visit shoutcast.com for how to set up an account, and www.spacialaudio.com for the people who make SAM2 :D, and www.audiorealm.com for people who are affiliates with it all. :D

Advertisement