Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable

Options
  • 20-10-2004 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I bought fable a few days ago. Really enjoying the game so far. I havent done all the secondry quests, forgot some of them :rolleyes: I'm not too far from finishing the game.
    It is so much easier to be evil than good as my brother found out.

He started the game with the intention of creating the devil. His character is bald with horns, has red eyes and fly swarm around him. Villagers cower before him and run away. He has killed almost everything in sight :p

My character is totally diffferent. I tried the harder route of staying good no matter what. Only killing evil characters and sparing the lives of others. my character has changed from having black hair to blonde with blue eyes. Girls love him.

The only similarity between our two characters is they are both slim build. Does any one know how to make them larger, I think its possible.

What does everyone else think of the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hi just a note im kinda stuck in fable the first time i tried taking the trader to orchard farm he died, so i took a second trader there and completed that and the hobbes quest at orchard farm

But now when i goto the heros guild he says doto darkwood and help the traders

Now my question is

WHERE THE HELL IS DARKWOOD, it isnt on the guild quest table and ive travelled everywhere to find it but cant

HELLPPPPPP

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

If you go straight down south from lookout point, its south of greatwood.

The best thing to do is follow the flashing dot on your map, that tells you where your current quest objective is.

So on a map

Lookout point
    ¦
    Fisher Creek
    Greatwood ---- Orchard Farm
    ................................¦
    Greatwood Lake
    Greatwood Gorge
    Rose Cottage----Greatwood Culis Gate
    Greatwood Caves
    .............................¦...............¦
    Hobbes Cave Darkwood

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I couldn't wait for this game when it was coming out (for ages), is it any good?
    I've heard KOTOR is better than it.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Been playin it for a while, having muchos fun with it. I'm veering towards evil, despite doing the odd good thing every now and then.
    Had to fight that giant Bavarian (that's not what they're called...well "B" something..and there's a "v" in it) and it ran straight up behind me, and frightened the utter bejesus out of me. 'Course then I went *shing!* and it goes *scary noise* and then I go *slash!* *swipe!* *stab!* and it goes *(dying noise)* and I go *(victorious laughter)*

I lost my medication...

Its good, but not great. It has nothing like the freedom of morrowind and as far as all round story KOTOR is better, it wins in that it has lots of nice background and feeling but its simply too easy and not deep enough.

The reviews are giving it 95+ with Morrowind and KOTOR getting 96/97. In reality Fable is down in the mid-eighties. They cut so much out of what was promised, its hard to be satisfied.

You can play on after the main quest ala morrowind, but unlike morrowind there are fewer quests and interaction is at a minimal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

you have to think of it as a more user friendly morrowind. i found morrowind very imposing right from the onset and couldnt give the dedication to it that it deserves. fable really gets under your skin with its sheer charm.
    admit the combat system is a bit sh*tty but im having a laugh with all the cosomizations.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i'm considering buying an x-box for this game and for halo 2. Morrowind was a brilliant game. and one of the biggest games, with **** loads to do. i doubt this will be as good, but i'll give it a try anyway. what are the rpg elements like (levelling up etc..)?

Kiith wrote:
    i'm considering buying an x-box for this game and for halo 2. Morrowind was a brilliant game. and one of the biggest games, with **** loads to do. i doubt this will be as good, but i'll give it a try anyway. what are the rpg elements like (levelling up etc..)?

Some I find good and some I find ridiculous. You get experience points depending on what you do, strength, skill, will(magic) and general, so for instance magic will earn you will experience while swordfighting will get you skill and strength. The thing is, it can be stupidly balanced. You get about 8k for killing the last boss, which is nothing at that stage of the game (for killing the greatest warrior ever!!?)

Its not really a user friendly morrowind at all, if I was going to compare it to anything I'd say it was a very very short Zelda game.

Advertisement