Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re hosting

Options
  • 20-10-2004 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

... which will hopefully only require a quick answer

(incidentally if I should email you instead let me know)

A prospective client of mine is currently using elive for their email needs and don't have a website using their .ie domain. They now want a website (fine) and somewhere to host it. Given that the people with whom their domain is currently parked offer a massive 500MB transfer a month on their €99 per year package I thought it might be nice to host the thing somewhere else. Can I have the site hosted on BK using their current domain and still have their current host do the email thing (they may want to move the mail stuff to BK anyway)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sceptre

Thanks for your enquiry :D

Short answer: Yes. We can do it.

Asking here is fine

Two possible scenarios:
    1. Move the domain to us and we can point the MX record at the provider of their choice
    2. Keep the domain with the current provider and get the A records pointed to us.

Both options are possible, although option 1 is usually less troublesome for both us and the client company.

If you have any specific queries please let me know

Michele

michele@blacknight.ie or you'll find me on #blacknight.ie on quakenet
    (most of the time)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks Michele, much appreciated.

I've sent you an email.

Advertisement