Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuacht TG4

Options
  • 20-10-2004 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭

I don't no how much interest it is to IrelandOffline, but in the past week Nuacht TG4 have covered 2 stories on broadband. The first was the opening a satellite based service in Tír an Fhia, Galway by E Ó Cuív.

The second was about trouble in Gweedore where this company, who were also supposed to be supplying a sat based service for the area, have run into planning problems. The company seems to be unsure whether or not they need planning permission to erect equipment on a local GAA club building.

It's perhaps also worth pointing out that TG4 have also covered the issue of broadband availability in the past, in particular the case of the Bard na nGleann company based in the Muskerry Gaeltacht in Cork, which threatened to relocate because of lack of broadband in the area. They subsequently got it and are still based there.

So if there's someone in IOFFL who can string a few words of Gaeilge together, keep Nuacht TG4 in mind for some extra media exposure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Mmm.. campaigning for better universal service provision through a dead language on a channel that exists solely as a fop to entrenched hipocracy. Mmm Irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

hipocracy.

As in Disposable Hero ?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The weather girls on TG4 are pretty foxy. Seeme to be always raining in the Gaeltacht though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if i remember rightly the gweedore sceme was a wireless local network backhauled using satellite (couldn't see the point really but there you go)

Muck wrote:
    As in Disposable Hero ?

M

Heh. another reason to laud the Muckster - a man who knows my favourite tune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

my favourite tune.
    Dude.

Tá sean leagan den amhrán chéanna a rinne na BeatNigs agam ar chéirnín !

M

And then he shoots himself in the foot by muttering gibberish at me!

Arrgh, thy feet of clay exposed, o most munificent one!
    Much though it pains me, thy karma must fall.

Advertisement