Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A64 3000+ 90nm Overclocking

Options
  • 20-10-2004 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of the babies on order or has already tried overclocking it? Looking on Anandtech they got to 2.6 Ghz (>4000+ speeds))on air with minor cpu and mem overvolting. A 90nm 3500 hit the same speed - so it looks like its the natural limit for the first run of cores at 90nm

Looks like I may have to upgrade sooner than I planned to take advantage of this one. Could be the best overclocker for ages. Might just have to hang on for the Nforce4 boards though....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

hmm if every chip will do around 2.6ghz on air!..dammit i cant even get 2.6ghz with water with my 2.4 chip :p

as long as i can play around and get around 2.6 ill be quite happy to be sort of ..keeping up with these cores as they do sound rather good, just luckily the potential of it isnt enough to make my chip feel inferior so i dont have to go and buy 1 :D

sound great though, id be curious to hear what people can get also..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

just got my a64 3200 clawhammer to 2.63 (tho thats on phase change cooling) :D

Finally this board is showin its potential :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

read that ariticle on anandtech and was thinking the same. xp3200+ is starting to show its age already if you look at the reviews wouldn't mind a socket 939 board with a 90nm 3000+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

/glares at the credit card relentlessly
    Going to be getting myself one of those 3200+ 90nm chips and seeing what it can do soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Keep us informed :)

Whille i dont think ill bother changing this chip for a good while (ie when i find i cant play everything at max anymore) i'd still be interested in knowing :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm scrambling for you as we speak....I badly want a 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

holding out as I don't have great confidence in any of the s939 boards just yet. I really don't fancy being stuck with a motherboard that won't post without a newcastle chip or a hotflash or other faffing around either! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

TacT wrote:
    holding out as I don't have great confidence in any of the s939 boards just yet

Any particular reason for this?

Advertisement