Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can any one help?

• 20-10-2004 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi my name is John Barrett, I'm 33 years of age, married and have two children and for the best part of 20 years I have lived in the U.K. Why I'm writing this is because I have a need a desire to move home to Ireland with my family. Since my Mother moved to England in 1981, All I have ever wanted is to go home, as I got older I did come back to Ireland to see family, but always returned to England. I needed a chance to get my foot in the door but that chance never came my way, I ended up getting married in England and having two daughters. My wife suffered a mental breakdown soon after our second child was born in 2000 and haven't worked since, because I'm a full time carer.

So as time goes on and there is still this disire to move home, I do wonder if it will ever happen. I have never felt settled in England and never felt I can move on with my life, I just want to come home and bring up my young family in Ireland.

But as I'm not even a working man, and having to live off the state (which I don't like doing, but got no choice in the matter), I can't even own my own home, my own car, and money is not great. Just living in a tiny 2 bedroom home with no garden this is what life has to offer?

I'm asking for help from any one who could help us move home to Ireland, I'm asking my own country to help me and my family to move back, It's no joke this matter is real and if I have to write an e-mail to any one I will have to do that, please if any one can help it will be very grateful, thank you!

John Barrett

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement