Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! *plays tragic violin music*

Options
  • 21-10-2004 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

I was supposed to have Fridays off (a compensation for my otherwise crap timetable), but now I check my timetable online, and what do I see? A tutorial at 12 and 3 on Friday!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

*cue dolente strings with lacrimoso piano*

When I find whomever it is that's responsible for this timetable cluster****, I'm gonna kick them in the chin and make them suffer in, eh, similar ways. Goddamnit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

What tutorials? you might be able to change them.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yeah that's what I did, as long as they aren't small group tutorials. Last year I had fri's off cept for a tutorial. But the same tutorial was on on wed for the other half of the class, so I went to them instead. It's not like it matters.

Actually after about 3 weeks I just stopped going to tutorials altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I have Fridays off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

i wish i had fridays off.. in at 9am tomorrow :( its inhumane- i have 3 9 o'clocks in a week!

hrmmm in at 12, for cryptology, and again at 3 for more cryptology?! twice in a day would be bad enuf, but only 2 lectures in the day too ............

(guess who'll be having a lie in and only miss'n one class tomorrow ;) )

• Advertisement

Heheh I had that only worse today.. crystal structure at 11am and then again at 4pm, Prof. Igor Shvets who says the word "soviet" in a really cool way.
    Went shoppin for clothes n runners etc in between (1st time in 18 months, figured I'd get it over and done with all at once).

Far from friday's off now I'm in 9-4 with my all day lab and a seminar during lunch. /me chomping down a baguette infront of all the associate profs

you still in with the tp's for that crystal lark dec? i hear em moaning about some crystal's lecture all da time...

Aye igor likes his tangents and has a tendancy to shrug when a question is asked which isn't exactly inspiring. Also coming from a non-chemistry background can't be fun I'd imagine: ie tp's and geologists..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oh, okay. I was under the impression that tutorials were really important, and structured and roll-called, etc..

Now, perhaps if I can find my ****ing retainers, my luck might even turn around..

edit: Oh, and the tutorials are in maths and biology, so I don't think they're small group ones..

Haha.. maths tutorials. What a joke.
    Man go to brenno's (or 1s2) lectures, then do a bit of cramming from calculus by anton before the exam and you'll be sorted. It's dead easy to get a 1st in that cos the questions are exactly the same every year..

• Advertisement

now now tutorials have their place, although most are ****e in first year...some do count for marks...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

hrm i think timoney's ones count in the maths tuts, so all ye have to do is turn up every 3 weeks if you really want the marks.....but its not like its a lot of marks so most people dont bother at all really! (well i didnt anyway!)

Advertisement