Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you hated Glanroe BRACE YOURSELF!

Options
  • 09-05-2001 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

RTE finally got rid of those smug incest ridden diversified Framer types from our screens.....BUT GET THIS....

Your licence hike will go towards a new servies call....drum roll....ALL STARS. A brand new soap based in a and around GAA club. I cannot wait. Really.

Woooo Hoooo. Or is that Boooo Hoooooo. This is going to be yet another ill advised foray into drama by RTE. Its bad enough we are being asked to pay for Croker but a soap for the GAA aswell. PLEASE GOD MAKE THE PAIN END!

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

P.S. A Good idea for ALL STARS plot

The scene:Senior hurling team practice in county Harchester

Mick: "be gorrah! You can't be leading the team out against those boys in the inter county second leg semi-final PJ. You got two broken legs!"

PJ: "Away wit you Mick ya gob-sheen. Sure did'ent you steal me gurl friend"

Mick: "She was your sister PJ"

PJ: "And your point is?"

Mick: "No Mick. We analysed the blood on your hurly after the first leg semi-final. Paddy from Lois, the other team Captian is yer bruder, and dammit PJ, my gay lover!"

PJ: "Your Lover, I don't care! Me Bruder, thats where your wrong, he's me Da!".

Dooooo-di-Doooooo do-di-do-di-do do-diddle-do-di-di......and so on.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mick: "I'll be cold in the Roscommon turf before the RUC and UVF are playing cricket and polo in Croker, eh?"

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

ahh FFS !!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I like Dream Team on Sky, but the GAA is not a professional sport and industry to the scale that soccer is in Britan, so how on earth are they going to apply the same sort of grief and heartache here?

F*ck you RTÉ

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

GAA?? frown.gif not a good idea. what are they going to do?? make up a club like in dream team. bah!

they'd be better off doing something worthwhile with the extra money. also the name: 'ALL STARS'?? ffs!

mad.gif be gorrah! mad.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭zeemoud

look it doesn't make two shi*s of a difference for me because i don't pay a license any way and we never have so we've saved more than the £1000 fine.and besides why should we have to pay for our national channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Good Lord please say it aint so!!!!

What a stupid idea for a tv show although im sure the red necks will love it!!! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What an absolutely and completely diabolically terribly awful horrible stupid idea...! (phew!), At this stage you SHOULD know better, RTÉ ... FFS!!!

All Stars my ar$e.

They should just replace it with The Weakest Link, starring Eamonn Dunphy. We've enough crap soap opera's on TV.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Magwitch:
    RTE finally got rid of those smug incest ridden diversified Framer types from our screens.....BUT GET THIS....

Your licence hike will go towards a new servies call....drum roll....ALL STARS. A brand new soap based in a and around GAA club. I cannot wait. Really.

Woooo Hoooo. Or is that Boooo Hoooooo. This is going to be yet another ill advised foray into drama by RTE. Its bad enough we are being asked to pay for Croker but a soap for the GAA aswell. PLEASE GOD MAKE THE PAIN END!

</font>

This is a joke isnt it? i mean All-Stars? not at all copying Dream Team thats a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Its no joke, they are really going to flush our increased licence fee down the jax with htis rubbish. Another news thing I saw says its going to be called "All Ireland" instead of "All Stars". Oronic considering it will only appeal to a minority in Ireland and not ALL of the rest. sad sad sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:

They should just replace it with The Weakest Link, starring Eamonn Dunphy. We've enough crap soap opera's on TV.
    </font>

hear hear! smile.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

RTE cant make television to save their lives.

All they need is to get some young people in, train them in by Channel 4 or BBC people or send them over there for experience and actually employ production companies and decide to take risks on new talent out there. It's just a shame they haven't the guts to do that - they don't want to annoy the 40-50 something producers who make 'cool, hip, happening' shows like Top Thirty Hits.

And the GAA thing? Gimmie a break. It's gonna be like Prisoner Cell Block H mixed with Bull Island and Indian Hindi historial dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I think it's an ace idea...myself and tomjoe for the minor glencooley hurlin team will enjoy it over a few large bottles of stout from the shelf down in the local.
    the half wans are on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I'm proud to be irsh, I'm proud to of my heritage but dammit irish soaps r gay to the last and gives the english a reason to laugh at us frown.gif

Advertisement