Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 invitations to a wedding I don't want to go to

• 21-10-2004 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

These are not mine, just heard it on the radio, some guys selling his tickets on ebay.
    "he started going out with the girl he's going to marry. She's a dog."
    "The only thing is, because she's such a dog, they might not get married..."

Go to ebay (co.uk) and search for either this title or his user name twinklydog

Its up to £10,000,000 so far!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Current bid: £769,169.00 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

moving to after hours.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GOLDEN-VIRGINIA

Ive seen that they are defo taking the michael with the bidding now
    but its funny as... when he says about the bridsemaids being ugly and inlaws
    being awful too, He was only on $20 yesterday too lol

somehow I think the end E-bayer will have a bad strike against themselves
    as a bad payer :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

From Reuters
    Wedding cad comes clean over invite sale

LONDON (Reuters) - A wedding guest who sparked a bidding frenzy when he offered for sale a pair of invitations to a wedding he did not want to attend has admitted that the bride was a former girl friend.

Offering the invitations for sale on Internet auction site e-bay, the unhappy guest was highly critical of the looks of the wife-to-be but initially hid his previous relationship with her.

Bidding for the invitations, which included a slap up meal and free drinks, opened at a few pounds but as interest grew mushroomed to several million.

But as the wedding day dawned on Saturday the anonymous guest withdrew the offer and admitted a prior entanglement that he was still not over.

"Most of you have hit the nail on the head, you know. I still love the old dog, despite what she did to me," the man, identifying himself only as "twinklydog", wrote on the Web site.

"She got in touch this morning and we've had a good chat. It's a bit of a gamble, but I'm going to pull the auction, go to Aberdeen and see whether she'll put a stop to this sham of a wedding and marry me instead," he wrote.

A message posted later on the Web site said he was at the wedding and waiting to see how things turned out.

gonk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Funny stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Ebay do seem to entertain a lot of crap, like skanks selling their cherries etc. My neighbours’ cat died this morning, so I might break into their back garden tonight with a shovel and sell it on ebay.

Advertisement