Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Company Expenses

• 21-10-2004 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what other company policy's allow for travelling expenses? We are allowed the following:

* Flights economy only
    * Car hire - midsized car
    * 4 star accomodation to the value of E125 per night
    * Meal allowance = Breakfast E6, Lunch E9, Dinner E23 - If your hotel includes breakfast your allowance drops to E31.
    * Milage of 0.58 per mile for personal car use (company will not insure you so if you have an accident your fúcked).

Is this in line with everyone else? I think it's reasonable enough except meal allowance which I think is very stingy (Everywhere else I worked you just brought back receipts).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Indeed, here you just bring back receipts and get your manager to sign off on them.

Seems a very strict set of expense rules which may indicate employees took the piss in the past.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

logic1 wrote:
    Seems a very strict set of expense rules which may indicate employees took the piss in the past.

No... it's more of a symptom that they are stingy. Not just in expenses but across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

daveg wrote:
    * Flights economy only)
    Ditto - but we do usually take 1st class on the train
    daveg wrote:
    * Car hire - midsized car
    Never had to, but would tell them to get bent, they can hire the equivalent of what I have outside in the carpark
    daveg wrote:
    * 4 star accomodation to the value of E125 per night
    Fair enough, but what do you do when you can't get 4star at that price, say in London, or when a trade show is on and all the hotels are racking up the rates?
    daveg wrote:
    * Meal allowance = Breakfast E6, Lunch E9, Dinner E23 - If your hotel includes breakfast your allowance drops to E31.
    A little bit tight, depending on where you are. Do thay receipt it or is it given as a daily allowance (per diem) - which is obviously much better. My own place are more flexible.
    daveg wrote:
    * Milage of 0.58 per mile for personal car use (company will not insure you so if you have an accident your fúcked).
    Normal enough though the rate is kinda low

Overall, similar to my own crowd though we do have a lot more discretion about spending, and iif we're with customers no one looks twice at huge booze receipts. In fact some money can always be claime under the PACE system - Pissed Away, Can't Explain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We get €30 a day to cover food.
    We travel economy or business depending on the nature of the travel. If you might have to stay on a day or 2 or come back early then you go business otherwise economy.
    We bring back taxi receipts for any company related travel, ie airport and back. but not for hotel to work, unless it's a long way off.
    Usually stay in a hotel nearest destination point within reasonable price.
    Long term stays involve getting an apt, but usually sharing with others and flights home every 2 weeks.
    Not sure what milage expeneses are as I get taxi's.
    Also bring back recepits for bringing out the clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

whatever i want, as long as i get a fúcking PO!

• Advertisement
Advertisement