Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPEG or Flash

Options
  • 21-10-2004 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

i need to show a tv add on a website

i've two options...MPEG or Flash ?

which would you use ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

If the rest of the site is flash rather than html then I'd obviously use flash for the ad. MX 2004 is a lot more video friendly too, though I have not personally used it in this capacity as yet.

However, if the rest of the site is in html, I'd go for the other option as I'm not really in favour of mixing and matching flash elements with otherwise static sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ConsultClifford

However, if the rest of the site is in html, I'd go for the other option as I'm not really in favour of mixing and matching flash elements with otherwise static sites.

How about the fact that the flash file is between 10 (low quality) and 4 (high quality) times smaller than the mpeg ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I'd go with Flash.

A) Cos its a web technology.

B) Because I can't stream in work and other are probably in the same boat but I can watch Flash.

C) File size.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 andersde10

If you want it to be be embedded on a html page then use flash. If you just want to place a link to it .... ie "click here to view our tv add" then mpg is fine.

Advertisement