Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memento

• 06-11-2000 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

This is outstanding - a man hunts his wife's killer but has lost his short term memory, so he can't remember what happened 15 minutes ago. He has to take photos of people and places, writes notes to himself and tattoos vital information on his body smile.gif

To say anymore about it would be unfair - highly recommended if you want a film that engages your brain for a change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Bugger, its only on limited release, and i really wanted to check this one out too..

Im going to the bear fights tomorrow, want to come with ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    Bugger, its only on limited release, and i really wanted to check this one out too..
    </font>

right old thread but just managed to see this last week ..

one absolutely great film, very disorientating for the first 5 minutes, but once you figure things out its just amazing.

as already said, cant say too much more about it without ruining it.

a really original story and very much recommended, was nearly part of our A.I. module, the lecturer mentioned it so many times smile.gif

when it comes out on video/dvd go get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

hey plastic membrane get your own pic
    and stop stealing my one wink.gif

No chance mate, Mr W.E Coyote is my hero. We were 'nam together... smile.gif

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

I hate bringing back old topics, but i managed to finally see this on video last night, and its absolutely frickin brilliant. Its done in such an original way that you cant help but be caught up in its story. The acting its great, Guy Pearce finally makes a movie that lives up to LA Confidential. And for fans of film continuity, its the best film you will ever see. Please see this movie,it deserves the same cult status as The Usual Supects (just an example).

If your sick of seeing sh ite, manufactured, bland, repetitive hollywood junk, this is all you need to restore your faith.

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

[This message has been edited by plastic membrane (edited 19-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Schwarzfahren

I haven't seen this one myself but it comes with a rave review from a film junkie friend of mine - I'll be catching this one after the exams for sure.

"Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est"
    -Francis Bacon
    Schwarzfahren.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kali:

one absolutely great film, very disorientating for the first 5 minutes, but once you figure things out its just amazing.
    [/B]</font>

took me ten minutes to figure it out. its a fantastic movie. rent it out and watch it... smoke helps too.

adnans

Advertisement