Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leon DVD

• 22-05-2001 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

One of my alltime fave films is Leon

Now this very important -

Does anyone know when the region 2 DvD isr eleased???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i got the region 2 last sept
    its been out since last may

details here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004R84D/o/qid=990537018/sr=2-1/026-0239212-8838033

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

but i cant get hold of a credit card!!!

ive looked in lot of shops around dublin and i cant find it anywhere

if you could give me directions perhaps as to where i can purchase it it with cash....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

whence I was in Paris last year I picked me up a copy of Leon- version longue. It's fantastic. there's alot more scenes of leon training matilda (one where they break into this guys apartment and assasinate him) and an entire restaurant scene where matilda gets tipsy on champagne. sometimes i find it incomprehensible why they cut some stuff from movies. The film is alot more complete with these scenes. Has any one else seen it?? What did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spag:
    whence I was in Paris last year I picked me up a copy of Leon- version longue. It's fantastic. there's alot more scenes of leon training matilda (one where they break into this guys apartment and assasinate him) and an entire restaurant scene where matilda gets tipsy on champagne. sometimes i find it incomprehensible why they cut some stuff from movies. The film is alot more complete with these scenes. Has any one else seen it?? What did you think?</font>
    This version is regarded as the best version of the film. I thought it was only availible as Region 1, what region is the DVD you got?
    Ive seen the normal version for sale in HMV Grafton st, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yossarian:
    This version is regarded as the best version of the film. I thought it was only availible as Region 1, what region is the DVD you got?
    Ive seen the normal version for sale in HMV Grafton st, Dublin.
    </font>
    The long/extended/unofficial version with all those missing scenes was available in different parts of the world long before they released it as the region 1 directors cut. Saw it on tv in Hong Kong a year before they released the region 1 version. It's well worth getting.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 22-05-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I love that film, was considering getting the region 2 DVD lately but I'll have to try and get my hands on a region 1 DVD of it after reading that smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 spag

ummmm, yeah, I just got it on video at the local carrefour......(supermarket).....

She's a waitress, and she's got style
    Sunday bathtime will take a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SofaKing:
    One of my alltime fave films is Leon

Now this very important -

Does anyone know when the region 2 DvD isr eleased???

</font>

It was released ages ago. I have it on r2 DVD but unfortunately not the extended version. Got it in HMV in Grafton Street earlier this year.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I did not like it. Garry Oldman really hammed out a rubbish performance. Leon, though he had some funny lines was a fairly drool character. And the kid, was just there to turn on the old codgers. I woud lump the whole thing in with lame efforts like Lethal Weapon or DieHard2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I havethe Region1 Extended International Edition and its excellent. The extra footages adds to already excellent film. I have heard rumours it may be coming out on Region2. Fire a post up on the forums on www.dvdtimes.co.uk as those ba$tards know everything thats going on biggrin.gif

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gandalf:
    I havethe Region1 Extended International Edition and its excellent. The extra footages adds to already excellent film. I have heard rumours it may be coming out on Region2. Fire a post up on the forums on www.dvdtimes.co.uk as those ba$tards know everything thats going on biggrin.gif

Gandalf.
    </font>

I take it you are Gandalf on DVDtimes forums? Ive been lurking there for a long time. The forums are an excellant source of info for all things DVD related, highly recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep thats me alright on the dvdforums alright smile.gif

Stop lurking join in !!!!

Gandalf.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gandalf:

Stop lurking join in !!!!
    </font>

Did so today. Asked a Q about what region coding the criterion release of Hidden Fortress is, got an answer back from MB that it would probable be R1. Pity was looking forward to a R0 version of the disc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im after lookin at loadsa places here in dublin - hmv garfton st. & henry st., virgin megastores on the quays and henry street, tower records off grafton st, GAME, both EBs - and would you believe i cant find the DvD anywhere

If anyone can offer information leading to the capture of this seemingly very rare DvD theres a big reward going - not!

I had a similar situation when i went to buy a copy of Ronin, it had been out for a month or two but i couldnt find it anywhere in dublin. Ended up buying it online. I still havent seen that DVD for sale since, looks like the same thing is happening with Leon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 FergByrne

Yeah, it's really strange. I got Leon in an offer (2 for £26 or summat) in HMV or Virgin ages ago. Same with Ronin.

Since then you can't find some of the discs which were being sold off in offers... If you're stuck, try Tower Records off Grafton Street, or better still Chapters in Abbey Street (mind the climb - not for smokers!)

Advertisement