Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello

• 21-10-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

I just registered here. There seems to be a lot of UCD science heads here. Well now there is one more.

Now, I have a question. What is with that smell with the computer room downstairs in the main sci building? was the 1998 science hide and seek champion to talented for his own good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When I was in 1st year it was the gents toilet on the ground floor.
    Now you know.
    And welcome to the UCD board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

So who precisly are you?

I am unmissable. I am 3000 years old, 8 Foot tall, can recall the names of all the ancient gods and consume the engineers with lightening bolts from my eyes and fireballs from my ass.

Short. Blonde. 3rd sci maths physics. I'm in G15 (the nerdcave/the gents) a lot and I do TKD.
    :)

The nerd cave. Who coined that phrase?

Ironically, a lot of cavers hang out there.

Well not ironic. Odourific really.

We did. It used to refer to the back of 219, which is now part of the maths department. It was one of the two science lecture building computer rooms when I was in 1st year, and there was a bit at the back which had a partition around it where the gamers used to play CS and DoD all the time. Because it was partitioned off and plenty of the nerdier science types were always there, it became known as the nerdcave. Now that most of those people are in G15, the name was transferred.
    Useless information for today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Ah back in the day when you could pee in there...

I can't smell, so I can't notice any odour. Though at least there are no stains. *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Intel

When I was in 1st year it was the gents toilet on the ground floor

Hmmm, they obviously forgot to take down the sign for the mens toilet pointing down the G15 corridor. I spent a good ten minutes trying to open all the doors in the immediate vicinity, now i know better.

So that means theres no mens toilet on the that floor so?

There is. It's between theatres D and E.

Intel wrote:
    Hmmm, they obviously forgot to take down the sign for the mens toilet pointing down the G15 corridor. I spent a good ten minutes trying to open all the doors in the immediate vicinity, now i know better.

So that means theres no mens toilet on the that floor so?

Yes there is. It used to be a ladies toliet, so that's why there are no urinals. Last year we used to be able to buy panty pads there. :)

Syth wrote:
    It used to be a ladies toliet, so that's why there are no urinals. Last year we used to be able to buy panty pads there. :)
    Which Syth did on a regular basis.

• Advertisement

That place sounds like some craic, and you all sound like a mad bunch!

i'd say you get up to all kinds of nonsense, in there, right? ;)

Well don't ever go in there with the hope of getting work done...

Which Syth did on a regular basis.
    :) They were only 10 pence each!! What a deal! It was hard finding old 10 pence coins, but where there's a will there's a way...

Advertisement