Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ong Bak

• 21-10-2004 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Saw this over at someones house a while back - it was a really good martial arts movie, lots of mutai (thai kickboxing) fight scenes in it. Was quite funny as well, with a young innocent highly skilled martial artist coming from a village to the big city for the first time - lots of escapades.

I really rated this film. Anyone else seen it? Know a good place to pick it up from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Strangely enough the movie was released a couple of month ago in French's cinema and is now released on DVD out there and has quiet a success.

I watched it a few days ago and I really enjoyed it, the story is kind of dodgy, a sacred statue, Ong Bak is stolen and the innocent yound man (who by chance is an expert in the sacred Mutai Boxing) goes to town to get it back. He will be forced to fight into the undergrounds to get it back.

Apart from the story, the movie is excellent, the fight scene are really impressive and I sometimes wondered if it was not real at some stage.

A really good movie for Fighting movie fans only. The actor is apparently know in Thailand for being the next Bruce Lee ... He is good but I wouldn't go that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Its famous for the fact that there are no wires used in any of the fight scenes afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I had this on DVD since the beginning of this year. Really good movie. Got my DVD from Asia though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Really? some of the
    many fighting ring fights, especially the one against the mindless thug hooligan, are really impressive
    . The first time you see the guy fight
    (really short!)
    is great!

Loved the movie. Any other Thai movies like this one?

Advertisement