Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV 2

Options
  • 03-05-2001 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the above channel???
    For some strange reason we had it in my house for a couple of days, it replaced MTV Uk&Ireland. It had some very, very scary euro/german pop music videos(with some ****ed up lyrics0. Thank god i got proper mtv back yesterday, i was gonna go mad....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

My God man, MTV 2 is soooo much better than normal MTV, and that wierd stuff you saw was alternitive music.
    The best music channel on digital is Q or Kerrang though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

MTV2 is supposed to be "alernative" .
    all i ever see is sell out bizkit and i have even see pop like teenage dirtbag.
    Kerrang is the best at the moment but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

nope, it was on cable and everyone in my area had the channel for some god awful reason for 2 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Raife

All i can say is mtv2 and all the other digital music channels RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ltr!!
    Raife!! smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The only problem with Kerrang is that it seems to be the same handful of songs being regurgitated every half hour. But then again you don't have to worry about Hear say (whatever the spelling) coming on when you turn your back, as is the case on (-shudders-) "the box"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Box, what can you expect from a channel owned by Smash Hits magazine.

Perhaps when 12 year old girls start buying ...And You Will Know us By The Trail Of Dead and At The Drive-In cds things will change...or maybe not smile.gif. Still, MTV2-Q-Kerrang is a good cycle to have on all day.

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ya, MTV2 rox, but Kerrang is better (even with all the tripe on it).

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

was this on satallite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

"alternative"?
    this was MTV2.
    EMM TEE VEE TWO.
    pop was played non-stop.
    total crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

they're showing mtv2 ,instead of the usual one, on analogue satellite now i think, changed over during the week.
    but then itll only be a few weeks before they take the whole lot of analogue :/.
    we actually have the digi setup in the house only our old card has been working for ages so we'll wait till the last minute to switch over. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

MTV 2 kicks ass! smile.gif

Kerrang is even better biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

but has ne1 else noticed that on the channels Q,The Box and KISS that the same songs are pld over and over.
    By a couple of days u would be sick of some songs u had previously thought were cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

whats that classic rock station.. that rules.
    Black Sabbath .. yay smile.gif
    screw Kerrang and their blink 182.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Has anyone seen the video for "Her Ghost In The Fog" yet???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Yeah Ive seen 'Her Ghost In The Fog' video, it rocks but not as good as the very disturbing video 'From The Cradle To Enslave', of course this only gets aired after midnight on MTV2 and vh1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Sean

they are all the biggest load off ****
    biggrin.gif most of the time it's ads ads and more ads! redface.gif

[This message has been edited by Sean (edited 23-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Obviously enough anythings better than MTV , but MTV2 doesnt exactly do much for me ..Its still has some underlying wiff of pretensious popularism about it ...Kerrang my fave but then again I scarcely watch any of them apart from Kerrang so maybe ive got a biased opinion biggrin.gif

Shrewgar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

Ye MTV2 on digital is excellent but the one Sofaking is on about is ****e. Its mtv2 POP. Really weird music and VH1 is gone from analogue with ages too frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Now there is a new one - "Smash Hits TV"
    WOW - what a load of bullsh*t that is as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

MTV2 is still the best! Kerrang is good..plays more pop than MTV2 though..Q has turned crap lately..was better when I first got Digital, and if I see another ad for Claims Direct about some idiot guy falling off a ladder, I'm getting the revolver! biggrin.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Advertisement
Advertisement