Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Query!

• 21-10-2004 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Have Ntl broadband the 750k package.other day i unplugged the ethernet connection to put into a mates to see if i could download something for him but got a message saying "little or no connection" so plugged it back into mine and everything seemed so slow...

So went into network connections and was looking over the properties of my Ethernet Adapter and seen an option "repair connection" so i hit it and i got same message as when i plugged it into mates computer "little or no connection" so onto Ntl and Girl was very helpfull,said a technician would be out Asap but she asked did i unplugged modem for 30 seconds so i did as she said and low and behold it came back...

But as she was asking me questions on what modem was doing e.g what lights on modem are flashing etc....but she said is my Ethernet connection on back of computer flickering or a constant light and it was flickering...so she said hmmm.....

But anyway cut a long story short...im back online obviously but it seems really slow.Is it True what Ntl girl said should my Ethernet on back of computer should be a constant light or is flickering ok?.....she did a test before i was back up and running and said "Yup Technical Department said nothing getting through" but when i got back onto them to cancel my appointment i said to another representive would she check line and she said they cant do it an I.T person will have to do that onsite.....anyway ive burned ears off you all too much

thanks

Advertisement