Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "Thats Life" forum ?...

Options
  • 21-10-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

A "Thats Life" Forum/or a "This is your life" type forum ?..

Where everyone could tell us the interesting events that have happened to them in their live's, or even the not so interesting stories.

You see I think most people are naturally nosey [Like me], and also like telling others about themselves. It would make for an interesting nearly [self moderating] forum.

Would it ?...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm not sure.. you see I agree with you that people are nosey.. but people also like to moan a lot imo!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That's Life, with Ester Rantson (sic?). That program was sooooooooo (un)funny. Some of the younger members, probably don't remember it. But on the upside, us older guys will probably die sooner. So kudos to you young boardsies, for not remebering crap programs and living longer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Moans are OK by me. I find them interesting as well "Thats Life" :D By the way it was "Esther Rantzen" and it was one of the most popular and long running BBC TV programmes ever.

I remember a girlfriend of mine was her Production Assistant & Researcher. Strange the things we remember in life ?.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

and finally Cyrill...............

It could be an interesting read.

ok then so who's first ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Isn't that what a journal is for?

If people are that desperate to tell us about the interesting things that have happened to them in their lives then they can become a subscriber and write entries as they see fit ...

I know I did!

I've already started, but I am NOT telling anymore - juicy bits - until this New forum is approved :D O.K.

N.B. No, Journals are not a forum and are too fragmented, I want everything under one bannerhead "Thats Life" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sounds good, why not call it "Afterhours"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because monty would bitch slap you

bad idea!

Gordon wrote:
    Sounds good, why not call it "Afterhours"?
    tsssk ;) quick off the mark there!! ah but seriously, I think he means it to be more of a personal thing and less general..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Cork_girl wrote:
    tsssk ;) quick off the mark there!! ah but seriously, I think he means it to be more of a personal thing and less general..
    Definetly, it has to be more proactive. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

All I remember from That's Life was the fact that people were incessantly fond of finding sexual organ shaped vegetables and people would do anything to make their pet look like a human being what with their water skiing, washing windows, counting, speaking etc.

So some sort of animal/human/vegetable/sexualorgan forum is what yee are all after?

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Definetly, it has to be more proactive. We're talking about a totally outrageous paradigm.

A whaaaaaa, bejeeburs, I must look that up ?...

Oh, and the above is a YES from Gordon :):)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It all started when, as a young boy, I was selected by top government officials to enter the Genesis program...
    A program which, though incrediby life threatening, could one day make me the savior of humanity. But, there were other forces at work which threatened to destroy all that...

/me starts award winning novella series.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

sexual organ shaped vegetables

You mean we don't have a forum for that already? ;)

Buffybot,

Goodness, I only just noticed your post. I thought this Thats Life type forum suggestion was already dead and buried.

People are not grasping the fact that the type of forum I would like to see, would be where people could let us know about the good things, the bad things/events, the injustices, the happiness etc, that has/have happened to them individually in their own personal lives i.e. That's Life ?.. :cool:

Oh well,I suppose this is just another example of the irony of; Thats Life, Eh.

Everyone has a story to tell ?..

P.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sounds like a Bragging forum to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I cant see threads having a much life.. I mean, who's really going to be interested in talking about someone else's day, unless something tragic/fantastic happened to them?

I think it was amz who said these are the things that journal's are for.. if you really want to read about a complete strangers day, head to livejournal.com and hit random.

Hell, if you really wanna hear about my day, sure.

I woke up in my friends sisters bedroom (note that the sister is on vacation with the rest of the family), And all I could remember about the previous night is a cat running into my house, and my friends pissing themselves laughing, asking me; "Do you have a cat?" "no.." "You do now!", So I grabbed my guitar and my amp, and my pants, and went back to my house. Here I have had koka noodles, and have replied to this thread, and Im listening to absolution on loop.

Not much life, no?
    Hows about a "last 5 journal entries" on the index, instead?

Tellox,

Aha, I found that interesting and amusing, made me smile, anyway. :)

You have just proven the need for a Thats Life forum.

God bless ya.

P.

Advertisement