Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill O'Reilly interviews Bush

Options
  • 21-10-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133712,00.html

I need to see a movie of this to get a better context but from what I read Bill isn't giving him a lot of support, at one point putting words in Bushes mouth that 10% of all illegal mexicans are thieves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Speaking of O'Reilly....

I went up to The Daily Show website today and watched the interview Jon Stewart did with O'Reilly. The man went somewhat up in my estimation...he showed a slightly better side of himself than he does when he's running his own show.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

bonkey wrote:
    Speaking of O'Reilly....

I went up to The Daily Show website today and watched the interview Jon Stewart did with O'Reilly. The man went somewhat up in my estimation...he showed a slightly better side of himself than he does when he's running his own show.

jc

but in all likelyhood, a majority of his audience on fox news probably don't watch the daily show. So maybe its just very clever on his part to realise that the audience is a bit more educated in this case and he can't manipulate them as easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

but in all likelyhood, a majority of his audience on fox news probably don't watch the daily show.

Do you honestly know that or are you just assuming it? Id be interested, because I remember reading a BBC feature on the American media. Apparently only 29% or so of registered Republicans surveyed trusted Fox News, whereas 30 something% of registered Democrats trusted them. And interesting aside is that Fox was the Republicans most trusted news source, whereas it was the least trusted news source of Democrats - which implies Republicans distrust the quality of the American media more than Democrats do. It just runs against the commonly accepted thesis that Fox News is the Republican News.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You see Sand, Republicans still haven't forgiven TV for showing programmes that contravened the word of the lord because they put on shows about Darwinism when every good christian knows that they should believe in creationism :rolleyes:

Advertisement