Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best TV show ever

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Family Guy -best show ever! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Some of the best:
    1. Futurama
    2. Transformers (G1)
    3. Space above and beyond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

The Office
    The Simpsons
    Seinfeld
    Brass Eye
    South Park

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The West Wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I have some very funny Martin Sheen pictures that I'm going to release into the public domain in the next few weeks. Turns out that the person who lived in my student accommodation room last year was related and left behind a pouch of pictures from the time Martin came over to hang out with his Irish relatives. You haven't lived until you've seen some of these, especially the one where he's trying to play the bodhran. Watch this space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

The office.

Also probs Blackadder, haven't got a good look at it in a while tho. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

"I'm Alan Partridge"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Firefly..R.I.P.
    Space : Above And Beyond..R.I.P.
    Boston Legal

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Carnivale

closely followed by:

2. Millennium
    3. The X-Files

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

cosgrove80 wrote:
    Good call. Great show. The Rod Hull sketches still make me laugh when I think of them.

Class all the way. The naming of TV shows after characters in them was brilliant as well. I don't know where the two lads came up with that. Went something like, Rotten To the Core. Johnny Rotten is manager to The Corrs. He treats them terribly and makes them work at a fruit stall selling old fruit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah so other people also saw "This Morning With Richard Not Judy" (or Two-Man'n'jUr). The good old Curious Orange that decayed and came back as a Davros-style dictator.

And other stuff like "History's Eye" or, my own favourite, the parables of Jesus where his disciples just criticised the illogical in them (particularly liked their take on Jesus' worker's vineyard story).

As to my own fave shows - I hope a previous poster was joking when they said it's "Lost" because "look at the ratings". Well then they've just named Dallas and Baywatch as the greatest shows of all time by that illogic...

For myself (in no order):
    1. Babylon 5
    2. Millennium
    3. Arrested Development

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i won't have a bad word said against bay watch.....very important part of my teenage years:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Pigman II wrote:
    "I'm Alan Partridge"

Good Call :D

I think peep show has the potential for brilliance.

How retro can we go here? Cos i think Quantum Leap has to be the tv show of my childhood, it was just so damn good (yes, even better than the wonder years)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

Just thought I should throw my vote in for Babylon 5 here! also honourable mentions for Futurama and Twin Peaks...

ixoy wrote:
    And other stuff like "History's Eye" or, my own favourite, the parables of Jesus where his disciples just criticised the illogical in them (particularly liked their take on Jesus' worker's vineyard story).

1. Stop eating my unborn child.
    2.Ah consider the lily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Sandals wrote:
    I think Lost comes close, and the latest few episodes have been hopeless.

No.
    ^CwAzY^ wrote:
    Pfffft... It's clearly Lost.. look at the ratings

No.

I don't see what the national obsession over LOST is all about.Frankly,it's the most overrated show of our generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Have to disagree,Lost is great...especially if you watched it before all the hype. Last few eps of season 2 have been great :)

Ah Lost. The show where you wait a whole episode and nothing happens. Didn't the catholic church just get rid of purgatory.

homah_7ft wrote:
    Ah Lost. The show where you wait a whole episode and nothing happens. Didn't the catholic church just get rid of purgatory.

A lot of things happen...you just don't actually realise it until a while later :) To go into detail would involve giving season 2 spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Well what I meant was that its too young to be the greatest TV show ever.Get what I mean? Its great but still not on par with some other shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 durandal

God, this morning with Richard not Judy! Forgotten memories, the orange was replaced with an alien. :)

Band of brothers could well be the best ever, short though it was.

Sweet wrote:
    Well what I meant was that its too young to be the greatest TV show ever.Get what I mean? Its great but still not on par with some other shows.

I get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Two in particular I just cant help but love.

1)Futurama
    2)Family Guy

Both are animated but both are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Space: Above And Beyond was one brilliant show.

And does nobody remember The Transformers??? Best cartoon show EVER. NOTHING you have today even touches it.

Millenium was ****ing class! Very dark and brooding, and they had some ****ing fantastic scripts on that show!

Older X-Files has to get some mention too...

Not to mention Tales From The Crypt... They had some of the best writers there was!
    All these twisted and sick stories, and they really had some good plots.

Ohh god yes!!! The new transformers is pure pure sh1t. Just awful.
    Best cartoon ever though. What about Earthworm Jim.

I'm a huge X-Files fan.
    Love The Outer Limits too.
    Fraiser - one of the best comedies ever.
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Spaced
    Scrubs
    Happy Tree Friends
    Star Trek - TNG
    Futurama
    Early Whos Line is it anyway
    Alan Partridge
    MACGUYVER
    Mission Impossible

And to all you Babylon 5 people here is a quote from Spaced:
    "Babylon 5 is a pile of ****e"

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

And to all you Babylon 5 people here is a quote from Spaced:
    "Babylon 5 is a pile of ****e"

That's a pity.... I like Spaced too. Why the hating? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Oz was the greatest programme ever! it beats any comedy any day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

"An elephant with a trunk shoved right up its guts"
    "being hit by heavy electricity is like being hit by a ton of invisible lead soup"
    "I only shoot up once a month for recreational purposes, but what about others, poorer and less middle class then me"

gotta love brass eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Reeling in the years

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

muletide wrote:
    Reeling in the years
    Yes, one of the best programmes made by RTE in a long while!

Also
    Monty Python's Flying Circus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

Would probably be Father Ted, no 1 for me, followed by the Simpsons, although it is losing its quality after however many series. Am loving the new series of the West Wing, was always a fan but it's great having a Republican candidate who isn't a wanker. Vicar of Dibley and Fawlty towers would be up there as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement