Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrion €300 last night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Very interesting read! If its not a rude question to ask, how much did you sit down with in the €300 rebuy game? Did you rebuy at all, don't think you mentioned it in your blog.

I heard that there were people buying in to the tune of about €2000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Just the €300. No rebuy. there was a lot of rebuys. 138 to be precise.

Forgot to mention classic hand early on against stormin norman. Both all in with aces as table chip leaders. Split pot. Took him out in last 18 somewhere with AQ vs AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A Great read.. Blog duly bookmarked...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yep heard jac arama giving player x the bad beat story after think he had K10 or something the 5 came on the river. Shortstack where were you sitting on the last two tables?

Paddy Hicks came 11th and Norman Walsh came 13th

I was to Jacs left when down to 2 tables then seat 6 or 7 on final table.
    The guy who knocked me out was wearing a Fitz polo shirt... was it one of you guys. Hope my chips were used well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Well Done Shortstack!
    It takes a lot to get through a field of that size and quality.

I am suffering badly from the flu so only played because I had some free vouchers into it. Played tighter than tight but never really saw a hand.
    Was knocked out around 12 and there were still 9 tables left after nearly 5 hours of play.

I enjoyed the tournament - thought it was very smoothly run etc but there were a few surprises along the way which I didn't like. When registering we were told there were no top-ups but at the start of the tournament Kremser announced that you could rebuy if you had less than the starting stack of 3K!
    Some players were rebuying after folding their small blind and were immediately up to 6K allowing them to bully players who weren't prepared to rebuy.

The running Ante made a big difference - It put the shortstacks under pressure but also meant that you would win quite a nice pot by robbing the blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

good read.

SHORTSTACK.. what time did you finish at?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

pokertroll wrote:
    I enjoyed the tournament - thought it was very smoothly run etc but there were a few surprises along the way which I didn't like.

Careful criticising an event in the merrion. If you do you know whos likely to post here and defend them. Oh hang on..... :)

good read.

SHORTSTACK.. what time did you finish at?

About 5.30am ! back to drogheda for 6.30 and work at 9!

Advertisement