Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further study with Pass degree

Options
  • 22-10-2004 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have just graduated from college and i intend to do a postgrad somewhere.but the problem is i only have a Pass degree.Is it possible to do.I am willing to go any where.i have a degree in info systems and would love to do something in automotive software.i really need help the careers advisor in my college is not one bit helpful
    thanks for reading
    samson

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A friend of mine got a pass degree in comp sci and went back to do the final 2 years in trinity in the evenings to get an honours one,

You can do a grad diploma in one of the vecs but I think as far as masters and phds go u need at least a 2nd honours

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

I have a pass degree in Production Engineering and did a M.Sc in Smurfits School of Business, UCD. No need for an honours !!

On another note most colleges will initially take any level and grade of experience and interview if necessary for suitability.
    Ultimately at the end of the day, if you have the funds to pay for your fees, your in. In the current working environments where a lot of companies are not willing to pay for further education or have put it on hold, colleges are crying out for money.

Best of luck !!

Advertisement