Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Tomorrow

• 06-06-2001 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Oh dear god. I saw this movie last night on TG4 and its probably the biggest piece of turd I have seen in a long while.

Directed by none other than Master P (rap "entertainer") who also has a few appearances where he blows things up for a few minutes in the most tedious way imaginable, while simultaneously giving screen time to various second rate rap artists and spouting the most badly delivered/written lines in human history. *breath*

Later in the movie we come to an expertly staged and crafted (feel the sarcasm) action sequence set in and about a forest retreat. This is "fine" until we realise that alot of the footage in this scene is lifted directly from the movie Narrow Margin (Gene Hackman)!!!! You can even see Gene in some scenes!! Hey look! The evil henchmen in that helicopter seems to have gone bald in the long shots! Funny how the long shots dont match the rest of the films colouring!

I hope Master P never directs again because the editing in this film is frankly shee-ite. A scene ends and the camera pans upwards towards the sky while rap music fades in. Most (sane) people would think its the end of the film. But Da Masta has a plan!! Why not abruptly cut off the music and switch to a new scene!!? Yeah, thats "hip" and "new"!!

The fact of the matter is that the money that went into making this film could have been given to a needy cause, but I guess we wouldn't have this gem to laugh at. Get it out from Xtra-Vision and laugh heartily my friends...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personaly... Don't EVER let rappers near a film set...

Other than Ice Cube, I;ve never seen a rapper that can act in any sensible manner...

Take Usher, for example... In the film The Faculty.
    What an embarasment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Take Usher, for example... In the film The Faculty.
    What an embarasment...
    </font>
    usher is of the same produce of the music industry as the Spice Girls and other cheesy pop shít. He's no rapper and not even an "entertainer". back to the discussion...

I personally liked the movie Belly. it was directed by Hype Williams (rap/rnb/hiphop music video director fame) who directed Missy Elliot's - "The Rain" (supa dupa stuff) and 2pac's - "California Love" (just a classic) to name a few.

The cast includes DMX, Nas, Method Man and that nice looking one from TLC. Before you decide to rent the movie out just know that Williams has been directing music videos all his life and this is the first movie under his belt so dont expect anything special cinematically, but you can surely see the music video influnce in it. (He's currently working on Bad Boys 2, remember that one?)

Oh yeah if you do rent it out make sure you have some cheeba with you. My favourite scenes is the intro (look at the eyes) and the method man scene where he is sitting in the lap dance club drinking away with local(deep south) gangsters when he realises someone drugged his drink and he has to get away. enter the john woo styled, a gun in each hand shootout which is such a joy to watch smile.gif

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sounds...really, really stupid. Rappers playing up their tough man image in some half ass film directed by a music video director. I'd hazard a guess that Mr.Williams
    never went to UCLA. Pretty pictures don't make a good movie.

i take it you dont listen to rap/rnb/hiphop music? nevermind then

adnans

Actually hip-hop is one of my favourite forms of music. My name would give that away to those who like real hip-hop and not crud like puff daddy. However, not saying you like that sort. what do you like?

• Advertisement

Well done for being a hip-hop conniessur(?) smile.gif

However, Belly got slammed in every review I ever saw.

i have nothing against your taste of movies or music, and rap just happens to be one of the styles of music that I listen to. anything from busta rhymes to wu-tang i can appreciate.

but the fact is that you havent even given "Belly" a chance is a bit harsh to start critisizing the movie instantly. you see one crap movie with rap "entertainers" in it and you conclude that all the movies with rappers in it are crap. is that what youre saying?

as for your name .... Aiyyo that's amazing, gun in your mouth talk, verbal foul hawk
    Connect thoughts to make my manchild walk
    Swift notarizer, Wu-Tang, all up in the high-riser...
    thats another story

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

/me slaps the rap knowitalls.

Actually, DMX is supposed to be fairly good in that new Steven Seagal movie he's in. Appearently, he out-acts Seagal... then again, a mannaquin could out-act Seagal.

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

Advertisement