Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly N/L Poker In Galway

Options
  • 22-10-2004 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Last night I drove past the new hotel in Claregalway (just outside Galway city) and saw that they were playing a €50 in (2.5k chips) monthly, starting last night.

Anyone play in this last night? Anyone intersted in playing next month? I was gonna pop down and have a look.....

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I call ROAD TRIP!!!!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

How about a road trip to Dun Laoire? I heard there's a club there (near the Dart and buses) that does a €25 rebuy tournament on friday evenings. Dunno any more about it though. Anyone know any more than this? A guy mentioned it to me in the fitz one night, said there wasn't a great standard.

It might be good to get out of the fitz for a tournament or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

DeVore wrote:
    I call ROAD TRIP!!!!!
    Shotgun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd like to play poker in exotic locations.

DapperGent wrote:
    I'd like to play poker in exotic locations.
    like bollock deep in some hot chick? That'd be quite exotic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

lafortezza wrote:
    like bollock deep in some hot chick? That'd be quite exotic.

Hot chicks in Dun Laoghaire???
    Now there's news...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

lafortezza wrote:
    How about a road trip to Dun Laoire? I heard there's a club there (near the Dart and buses) that does a €25 rebuy tournament on friday evenings. Dunno any more about it though. Anyone know any more than this? A guy mentioned it to me in the fitz one night, said there wasn't a great standard.

Gentlemans Club, down by the college.

Awful awful tourney. The lads have not got a breeze how to play. You may think this is a good thing but i s hi t you not it is a head melt. Have played it maybe 5 times in the past year and it is head wrecking. EVERY flop called to the river with nuthin, your aces get busted by hands like K2os.

Stay away. There is also the temtation to visit Paparazzi afterwards. All the more reason to stay away!! ;)

Juan Pablo wrote:
    Awful awful tourney. The lads have not got a breeze how to play. You may think this is a good thing but i s hi t you not it is a head melt. Have played it maybe 5 times in the past year and it is head wrecking. EVERY flop called to the river with nuthin, your aces get busted by hands like K2os.
    Still though wouldn't mind having a looksee. How much would you need to bring in with you, rebuys are €25? Is it rebuy crazy?

Advertisement