Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few questions for a novice

Options
  • 22-10-2004 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I'm in college and i want to get a single room somewhere that is served by 16/16a/19/49/49a/56a/122/155/210

I've read the various help topic threads etc and ok it will seem stupid but any more tips/advice ?

Is there a hope in hell of me getting a place for 250 euro a month ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

ronano wrote:
    I'm in college and i want to get a single room somewhere that is served by 16/16a/19/49/49a/56a/122/155/210

I've read the various help topic threads etc and ok it will seem stupid but any more tips/advice ?

Is there a hope in hell of me getting a place for 250 euro a month ?
    Do you mind me asking why if you are in college n a particular area, the place you live in will be determined by the bus route? The 16a for instance runs between Santry and Rathfranham, while the 19 runs between Glasnevin/Ballymun and Rialto?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

jd wrote:
    Do you mind me asking why if you are in college n a particular area, the place you live in will be determined by the bus route? The 16a for instance runs between Santry and Rathfranham, while the 19 runs between Glasnevin/Ballymun and Rialto?

Griffth College

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The only way you are going to get somewhere that cheap is to share a room with someone and even at that you are pushing it. I imagine €350+ in a house share is more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

Victor wrote:
    The only way you are going to get somewhere that cheap is to share a room with someone and even at that you are pushing it. I imagine €350+ in a house share is more realistic.

I'm not looking for something central in the city merely a location on these bus routes. If worst comes to worst i can just get a place in swords for 250 euro a room and get 2 buses in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I think the Swords option is probably the only way you are going to get something that cheap.

A good way to find rooms is to visit a large supermarket in the area (i.e. Superquinn in the Pavillions) and see whats advertised on their boards. You'll get a room in a newish house for that price in Swords, probably with central heating and good facilities, whereas in the suburbs it will probably be completely rotten and well away from local facilities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement