Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom Broadband

• 22-10-2004 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

In just over one month my one year contract with Eircom Broadband will be up and I would like to cancel at that point. I have looked everywhere for a clear procedure to go about doing this but there is none!! I have emailed eircomnetcontracts@eircom.net giving my one months's notice - no response, I have emailed broadband.support@eircom.net who just said to ring 1800 503 303. I rang 1800 503 303 and they said I am ringing too early and just wait until 10 days before the cutoff date and ring back then. My worry is that when it gets to that point the story could easily change, I know other broadband providers like to have one month's notice. Could someone tell me the ideal full proof undisputable method of going about this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Use this link - it seems to work better than phoning them.

http://mmm.eircom.ie/cancel/cancel.asp

I clicked on it each day for three days (even though i was over my two months !) & they cancelled it for me with no penalties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Hi Andip,
    Thanks for that. Unfortunately that only applies to people on the 2 month trial, it's not for someone who wants to cancel out after 1 year and not go onto a 2nd year. Eircom have no procedure at all for cancelling broadband after 1 year, it's very much a hit and miss and hope for the best type of situation as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭gmt

Any new info on this? I am in my second year now and I do't want to stay with Eircom. When I signed up initially there were no terms and conditions (back when you didn't get a free modem, 3 free months, free connection).

Thanks!

Hi,
    directsales@eircom.net got back to me and said I needed to ring 1800 503 303. When I rang that, they said I was ringing too early as my contract isn't up until November 25th and to call back 10 working days before this date and it will be cancelled at some stage in those 10 working days leading up to November 25th. There is no way of organising it to be cancelled exactly on the one year mark, they don't accept cancellation requests via email as no department is setup for that, no address for writing in to either, all done over the phone and very much hit and miss it is too. As far as I know the other providers are much more organised and strict with their procedures but Eircom are still very much operating in the dark ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Except when it comes to taking your money off you for a service you do not want dude :)

M

• Advertisement

ok, an update on cancelling eircom broadband saga. Rang back today as only just over 2 weeks to go to the one year mark so want to get the ball rolling to make sure it gets cut off on or before one year mark. Called 1800 503 303 informed person that I'm coming up to the end of my year and I'd like to cancel my broadband. After a LONG silence, came back and said there would be a cancellation fee?? What the f**k? I am honouring my one year contract, what do they mean? Oh well if cancellation put through now, you'll be charged a cancellation fee. Ring back exactly on the one year mark and get it cancelled then she says. F**k that, they would hang me out to dry if I left it that late to cancel, get the manager please. After a lot of wrangling and mentioning comreg and the like, eventually they will put through a deferred cancellation which will cut off the service exactly on the one mark.....allegedly. Neither person nor manager would give anything other than their first names, not policy apparently. I've asked for an email confirmation about the deferred cancellation and oh they don't have external email but will try to send an email from a colleagues pc. I'll wait for the email with baited breath. Also as my phone bill is due this week, I'll still have to pay for broadband for another 2 months even though I will have completely honoured my one year contract and will have no broadband at all in December. I'll have to chase them for a rebate at a later date. All this from a company that is now boasting about taking first place in Ireland in international survey of customer respect, see www.eircom.ie f**king hell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

If ever you have trouble with Eircom, immediately log it as a ‘Complaint’. Because of ComReg, they have to have a complaints procedure. It means your call gets dealt with by a complaints manger (someone obliging and empowered to do something).

Its what I do every time now. Additionally, when they ONLY give out their firs name, ask for their employee ID number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Is anybody witness to similar jiggery-pokery by IOL or is that more amicable?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

douglasman wrote:
    ok, an update on cancelling eircom broadband saga. Rang back today as only just over 2 weeks to go to the one year mark so want to get the ball rolling to make sure it gets cut off on or before one year mark. Called 1800 503 303 informed person that I'm coming up to the end of my year and I'd like to cancel my broadband. After a LONG silence, came back and said there would be a cancellation fee?? What the f**k? I am honouring my one year contract, what do they mean? Oh well if cancellation put through now, you'll be charged a cancellation fee. Ring back exactly on the one year mark and get it cancelled then she says. F**k that, they would hang me out to dry if I left it that late to cancel, get the manager please. After a lot of wrangling and mentioning comreg and the like, eventually they will put through a deferred cancellation which will cut off the service exactly on the one mark.....allegedly. Neither person nor manager would give anything other than their first names, not policy apparently. I've asked for an email confirmation about the deferred cancellation and oh they don't have external email but will try to send an email from a colleagues pc. I'll wait for the email with baited breath. Also as my phone bill is due this week, I'll still have to pay for broadband for another 2 months even though I will have completely honoured my one year contract and will have no broadband at all in December. I'll have to chase them for a rebate at a later date. All this from a company that is now boasting about taking first place in Ireland in international survey of customer respect, see www.eircom.ie f**king hell...

Why not try a registered letter to Philip Nolan stating that you want to cancel and that as Eircom make it so difficult for you to achieve this you have no alternative but to involve him especially as you are absolutely positive that he would not want to be in charge of a company that made it unreasonably difficult for a customer to cancel a service. Ask for an acknowledgement of your cancellation and mention that you are sending a a copy of your cancellation letter to the Sunday Business Post and Comreg?

Has the Director of Consumer Affairs any powers relative to Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mathew09

Hi lads just wondering do anybody know what happen if I break eircom contract(I am using eircom phone and broadband)
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tracy Anne

mathew09 wrote: »
    Hi lads just wondering do anybody know what happen if I break eircom contract(I am using eircom phone and broadband)
    thanks

Hi Guys, To cancel eircom broadband - Send a letter with your name, eircom account no. and landline telephone no to:

Broadband Cease Support Team
    Third Floor, Telephone House,
    43-46 Marlborough Street
    Dublin 1

In your letter state that you are confirming a wish to cancel the broadband service and out of politeness, include a reason (but obviously not strictly necessary). But may help them improve their service.

It will take up to 30 days to put the cancellation order into effect.

Hope this is helpful.

p.s I am in no way connected to eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A six year old thread doesn't really need to be here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement