Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid term. W00t!

Options
  • 22-10-2004 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

And so, such is the end of the first half of the first term of the first year of the start of the rest of my life. Relief. And its pouring down, on my half day. yay. So, out of boredom, I start a thread. What shalst everybody be up to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i'm going to italy with half my year and some teachers. we shall shop. i get to go on a plane. woohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Spraypaint

Hopefully I'll catch up on some much needed sleep, waking occasionally to eat, watch TV/Movies & of course I'll spend hallowe'en and the surrounding days terrorising anything that moves in my estate. So after plenty of "ass-al horizontolagy" as Dr. Nick would say, let the games begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Pinkpimp, why did you flame me? It was completely uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My lovely father has decided to plan some 'Family Activities' for us to do over mid-term which will probably involve 'The big tour of boring historical sites he has told us about FIFTY TIMES'. Hurrah. I intend to spend the whole mid-term in town and at the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm going to spend the majority of the midterm pracitising for or doing concerts with my orchestra... muttermutter...
    POSSIBLY having a SUPERREUNION...
    And yeah, sleep, internet, like summer only darker and more english essay writing.

Oh, and Halloween at the end. Yeah, dunno about that.

• Advertisement

yeah and i'm getting my nose pierced tomorrow, and spending loads of money on new shiny things, like makeup and cds. dunno what i'm doing on halloween night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I'm going to spend the majority of the midterm pracitising for or doing concerts with my orchestra
    Oh, what orchestra is that. I play strings for the County Kildare Orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice. I'm trying to work the oul' ones around to letting me get my eyebrow done for next summer.

Oh, what orchestra is that. I play strings for the County Kildare Orchestra
    Dublin Youth Orchestra - Concert Orchestra. (there be 4 orchestras y'see)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Yay midterm go me. I will be getting the Futurama boxset over the midterm maybe. 15discs

• Advertisement

can i borrow it? you should throw a futurama party. and invite me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Or, everyone could throw a me party, and invite fufurama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Is there a reunion tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Have you not seen the halener rant?? Do you not know there are 2 threads dedicated to reunion, and one to tell you clearly when the next one is?? Are you trying to get him to ban you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'm going to spend midterm practicing with the band I'm in, and preparing the world in which I shall soon attempt to write 50,000 words of novelly goodness

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

What is this half term of which you speak?

All I say is 4 day weekend - wooo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

I shall spend Monday catching up on my sleep. Tuesday through Friday, it's back to school, and my sense that I am superior to all of you because of the massive hours I put in to my education. Plus, Monday is my only day off between now and Christmas. Hardkoer

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

wooooooooooo! I'm going to Venice tomorrow and then Florence in a few days. i'll be in Venice for my birthday :D . I had a small surprise party to day- in an italian restaurant. it was quite surreal.
    Last class today was a free english class and we go off at 12:30
    all other 3rd year classes got to watch Shrek2. our bitch of a yearhead wouldn't even let us out 5 min early. i swear our supervisor was on the verge of punching our year head-Mrs Ridney aka Rigamortos thinks she's the principal

As i said in a previous post how insane my history/irish teacher was and this is what happened today in history- a hilarious way to finish up before the midterm

Backround:The other day in history a girl in my class called lucy was chewing on her tippex pen and it burst all over her lip. it was hilarious. she looked like Santa
    Today:It was in my crazy history/irish teacher's history class. ever since the tippex incident when he calls out her name in the roll he says "tippy burkett" or "lucy tippect" and he chased her down the corridor shouting "tippeeeeeeeeee! tipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    Today he made up a song with the word 'Tippy' and the line "i got tippex mashed, on my face. yeah tippex mashed on my face"
    We were in fits of laughter in class today-cept for Lucy

Y'see that little button in the bottom of your posts? The one with edit on it, and the little scissors cutting paper?

If you just click on that, then *shock* you don't need to post twice

• Advertisement

My computer is really screwed up and it takes forever to edit a post so writing a new one is so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Raphael wrote:
    and preparing the world in which I shall soon attempt to write 50,000 words of novelly goodness

Trying NaNoWriMo, eh? I had a go that last year... and failed miserably. I don't have fifty thousand words of novel contained within me!

I plan to spend as much time away from my house as possible over the next week, and read as many books as humanly possible (because fifth year leaves no time whatsoever for that...)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

I'm going to spend midterm practicing with the band I'm in, and preparing the world in which I shall soon attempt to write 50,000 words of novelly goodness

NaNoWriMo too, eh?

I somehow allowed myself to be convinced, and signed up.

Let the novel type craziness commence!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

whats NaNoWriMo?

NaNoWriMo Site

Pour le gens dingue!

The FAQ for the Nanowrimo is so funny.
    Did you know there is a group in Vancouver that writes novels in a weekend?
    Yes, and they are fools. Everyone knows that any deep and lasting work of art takes an entire month to make.
    Do you realize how long this FAQ page is? I've been scrolling for three days now.

Should be a laugh at any rate. It if fails, we blame Sam, Marianne.

*starts NaNoWriMo thread*

The FAQ for the Nanowrimo is so funny.

Should be a laugh at any rate. It if fails, we blame Sam, Marianne.

Yes. Quite.

While we're at it, this bloody Antartic weather is also his fault.

As is World Hunger.

Damn straight!

It's great that he's not here to defend himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

woo, midterm!! no more of this boarding school malarky for me...for a week.*sighs*...yeah, so i'm just gonna bum around town for the week, maybe go to blast on thursday, pretty much enjoy the fact that i dont have to spend every moment of my week in a crapass school. in case anyone hadnt noticed, i is feeling embittered and angry about my chosen path, i.e. boarding school. not recommended.

but midterm, yay!

Advertisement