Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobe Stretching

Options
  • 22-10-2004 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to check if it was possible to get ure ears pierced and stretched to about 1 or 2mms in the one sitting, as my local piercer said i would have to have them pierced first and leave it for 6 weeks and then stretch them which i cba doing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

You can get them dermal punched in the one sitting....

Do your time and do it the right away it will be better in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

You could get it pierced with a 3mm needle to start or some places like snakebite will pierce and stretch up to 6mm or 8mm.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

j0e9o wrote:
    I just wanted to check if it was possible to get ure ears pierced and stretched to about 1 or 2mms in the one sitting, as my local piercer said i would have to have them pierced first and leave it for 6 weeks and then stretch them which i cba doing.
    your piercers an idiot
    you start off with 1.5mm and then you start stretching from there,
    if i was you id get a new piercer,
    i recently got my lobe dermapunched straight to 4mm and its grand,going in to get it strecthed more soon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The needle they use to pierce you is 1.6mm anyway as far as I know and you can get it stretched by about half a millimetre at a time with no fear of it not shrinking back if you want it to so yeah, you could get it pierced and stretched to two millimetres in the one sitting.

aye,its a cresent shaped 1.6mm needle that they start off with but that just takes wayyyy too long,by the time youve gotten to 4mm ill be on 10mm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

n1 she said that the needle was 1.6mm and i was like cant u just stetch it on to 2mm and she said it would make it very hard to heal "it would create a inflamed environment for the piercing"

a bit of a long shot but can someone tell me a good piericers in belfast?
    I name and shame that it was skulldugary I went too

Is there much difference between the crescent shaped needle and, say, a sewing needle? Just I was thinking I might practice on myself a bit and see whether I could do it for the term of an apprenticeship and I can't seem to find a crescent-shaped piercer's needle in the oul one's sewing box. Lol.

Yeah, I know. But I'm considering an apprenticeship in a few years time and I'm curious. I'm confident that I have the anatomical knowlege to do it for a few piercings and I'd hardly just flame the needle. I was going to boil it in alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Ive lashed safety pins through my ears and even foreskin for the laugh before, dunno if they would have healed well and was mainly at parties.

Its doable :)

• Advertisement

Best I've seen it done with is a paperclip. That was a really bad idea though considering the major swelling the poor guy went through afterwards. I occasionally put safety pins through the back of my hands if I'm bored in class or anything. For some strange reason they never get infected. Probably should quit while I'm ahead....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭church

Dermal punching lobes is completely pointless. its a waste of skin that can be used to stretch further. You can get it pierced and stretched to a big size to begin with if you're impatient.

update: went to new piercier

only had one tunnel have to wait four weeks for new set of tunnels mayor :(

then another 12weeks to get to the 5mm tunnels i want

but it shall be worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

Ok instead of starting a new thread on the same subjext i decided just to add a question to this thread.. hope you dont mind!

I have my ears pierced years and im considering streching them a small bit.. I only want a small strech... nothing dramatic!

Something a bit like this maybe..

how long have u had ure ears piercied if more than 3 months theres a high chance u can get those put it which u have (u bastard) head down to local pierciers and get them to put them in :D

edit:i'm asuming from the pic they are 5mm or below

ive them done years!

So just head into my piercer and she'll be able to put something in straight away.. I wanna start as small as possible for low pain! :p

So what am i asking for when i go in 2moro? Flesh Tunnels is that what they are called? excuse my ignornace! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

hope u don't mind me askin but how do they do it? :o :eek:

Cork_girl wrote:
    hope u don't mind me askin but how do they do it? :o :eek:

Thats what i wanna know too.. ;)

think happy thoughts ;)

tooked at that pic i posted again and they look fine on that dude but im a girl and want something a bit more subtle..

Women we are so hard to please :D

• Advertisement

tooked at that pic i posted again and they look fine on that dude but im a girl and want something a bit more subtle..

Women we are so hard to please :D
    sure we'd be boring if we were too straightforward ;)

but yeah I get u, but what if it was smaller? like what size is that one? I dunno.. it could be kinda cool..

does the hole close up easily?? that'd be my thing anyway.. so long as if u change ur mind.. which I do a lot.. that it wouldn't leave a big piercing.. :rolleyes:

Cork_girl wrote:
    sure we'd be boring if we were too straightforward ;)

but yeah I get u, but what if it was smaller? like what size is that one? I dunno.. it could be kinda cool..

does the hole close up easily?? that'd be my thing anyway.. so long as if u change ur mind.. which I do a lot.. that it wouldn't leave a big piercing.. :rolleyes:

exactly.. thats what makes us so interesting! :cool:

I dont know what size that one is in the pic..

And nope as far as i know it never closes up :eek: but i can always leave my hair down over my ears if it looks that bad :p

And nope as far as i know it never closes up :eek: but i can always leave my hair down over my ears if it looks that bad :p
    ohhh.. I dunno then.. think I'm a chicken!! and my hair goes through phases too ;)

Cork_girl wrote:
    ohhh.. I dunno then.. think I'm a chicken!! and my hair goes through phases too ;)

just as long as the phases covered your ears you'd be fine :p

that's no fun! must be free to go mad ;) seeing as I know it'll grow back.. it is one of the "safe" things to express myself! that and tbh I'm a wee bit scared of needles.. hence why I asked how it is done..

even fainted getting my ears pierced the first time.. :o did manage to get my tongue pierced.. but it took me ages to finally go and do it :rolleyes: would like to get something like this done tho.. but it'd have to be small.. but then it might just look bit ridiculous.. I'm not sure.. would have to see photos!

As far as I know if you get it stretched very gradually, ie. 0.5mm a month or something, it'll close up again, but if you just get it derma-punched it won't. Someone feel free to correct me on this if it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭st3vo

They have a bar like needle that gradualy gets wider. They basically get the small end into your ear first then YANK it to the the size of the stretch.... oh the sting.

1 piece of advise...dont get them stretched and then go moto-x racing!!
    OUCH!!!! First the helmut decided to get caught in it. Then it must have hoovered up about 50 pints of mucky water into it. I was squeezing crap out of it for a month!! Didn't help the healing process me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Jetpilot

Roughly 6mm

ok where do i start?

seen as i have my ears pierced already can i start streching them myself or will i need to go to a piercer..

Come on guys & girls.. Im a newbie to this ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

You could get yourself a stretching kit from www.bmezine.com and jewellery but the best advice would be to go to a reputable piercer and get it done there, mine only charged the price of the jewellery when I got the last stretch done.

Advertisement