Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GriffnerCoillte Timber Framed Homes...

Options
  • 22-10-2004 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Has anyone dealt with GriffnerCoillte - timber framed home manufacturers and installers?

Would be grateful for any feedback as i am investigating this option at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I was onto them and sent my plans but after 5 weeks still no word from them. I have also been trying to get more info but not a lot of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eurorunner wrote:
    Has anyone dealt with GriffnerCoillte - timber framed home manufacturers and installers?
    I think Michael McDowell might have. :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/1012/mcdowellm.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

@yop: they will have a stand at the Self Build & Renovations show in Ballybrit, Galway - which may be of interest to you.

I hope to get some answers out of them there but would also be keen to get feedback from those who have had dealings with them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Am headin there alright, got myself 2 free passes so fek it might head in for a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Have found another crowd here . Just mailed them for further info. Lets see what they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Duncan Stewart did an item in "About the House" on the 19th October which featured Griffner Coillte. See RTE

A friend had a timber frame house in Carlow. I should see her tomorrow so I'll ask who did it and how she found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Spoke to the friend last weekend. She has a timber frame house but she bought from a developer in a small development so she has no idea who did the timber frame part. I thought she had bought a site and built the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

a_ominous wrote:
    Duncan Stewart did an item in "About the House" on the 19th October which featured Griffner Coillte. See RTE

A friend had a timber frame house in Carlow. I should see her tomorrow so I'll ask who did it and how she found it.
    He was still doing a piece on them on this weeks show and will be visisting them again next week.
    They obviously make themselves look good under the spotlight of the cameras. But you can't knock the speed of how long that house went up...from arriving on site to roof on in 4 days.

Advertisement