Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurexcel Reps

Options
  • 22-10-2004 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I am currently joining the new telecommunications company Eurexcel as an Independent Representative. If any of ye are reps yourselves for this company could ye tell me if it has been a good experience so far and how ye are getting on with it. Also if any of ye are customers of Eurexcel are ye happy with the service they are providing for you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

How much is the joining fee? How long will it take you to make it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Houllio

The joining fee is €393 which is the cost of the licence to sell the Eurexcel phone service. You get a pack with that also that includes all the info and help you need to get started. Basically if you get three partners and a couple of customers to join you make that money back because for every partner you get to join you earn €110. This builds up to €190 after you get your twelfth partner. I have been to couple of the meetings and presentations in the Red Cow and every thursday night the room is full with about 80 people. They are on every thursday evening at 8pm entry is free so its worth going along to check it out and to ask the trainers any questions they are very helpful and will help get you get your first customers. The website to check out for all this info is www.eurexcel.ie and you can download their powerpoint presentation. If any of ye are interested in coming along to the presentation in the Red Cow or want to join me as a partner send me an email my address is wisely@campus.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Houllio wrote:
    Basically if you get three partners and a couple of customers to join you make that money back because for every partner you get to join you earn €110.
    So I presume you have your five people lined up before you hand over your money, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Iosa Chriost!!! Chap came into college about this last year to try and sell it to us.

He must have thought that students were gullible and impressionable. Don't know where he got that idea... students are the most cynical people ever.

They train you to do this pitch which is actually quite good if you do it right. The whole "Are you in or out?" as you walk in the door. Your they're thinking WTF?!?!?

I did a bit of googling and decided that it wasn't for me. Also given that the pitch was made to me about a year ago I would say that there are literally hundreds of Eurexcel reps in Ireland now and people have heard the pitch loads of times. Every man and his dog is a rep.

Also why did they change the company name to Excel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

sounds like a pyramid scheme to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

fintan wrote:
    sounds like a pyramid scheme to me
    Indeed. Sounds like the emphasis is on signing up other reps rather than actually selling the service itself. Which is a classic pyramid scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to say that my family was using this shower of lunatics, and i found the service desperate for the following reasons

1. The customer service was not the best and they did not come across as friendly, which gives the impression that they are bombarded by complaints on a regular basis.

2. Itemised bills with this company are not existent, if your calls cross a certain threshold, cant remember the amont right now, you will not get an itemised bill no matter how many times you request and no matter how many times they tell you it is been processed as we speak and will be in the post by close of business.

3. Their caller ID is really messed up, the main reason being that they are jumping carriers. This keeps the cost down on the company side and shows actives awareness of the market but does mess the user around. Somthing as simple as caller ID is what some customers want, if they call someone they want that person to know they called.

4. Free calls to euorexcel customers, yeah right, this happens when the first moon is in line with Jupiter and Pluto and that the price of a pint is below a euro, you have to register the users, youi have to ask to be be paired to the free call list.

Sorry to rant and complain but i had a lot of problems with this company when my mother signed up and i found it to be way to difficult to justify the so called savings we alligdly made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

my cousin does it. last time it was mentioned here though it was booed out of existence and i got comments like yeah sure its your cousin.

its not for me anyway i can tell ya. he's over in canada atm with the rep that signed him up living with him. this is no indication that he's doing well or anything he's over there living with him for free and is trying it out over there.

my cousin is an honest bloke and he seems to really think this can work for him but me. if you like i can put you in touch with him. the only positive thing i could see from it was that you get your signup fee back when you have a few people lined up.

with regards to their phone service itself we have house calls on it due to my cousin. the main impetus for this was that there is a lot of calls between our house and my mam's two sisters who where also on the service and these calls should be free. there was an issue with getting charge for these calls but i think he sorted it out for us.

i am considering change telecom providers again though

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sceptre wrote:
    Indeed. Sounds like the emphasis is on signing up other reps rather than actually selling the service itself. Which is a classic pyramid scheme.

his response to this when i said why aren't you trying to sign more people up for the phone service. was that they prefare to sign up reps and get a core group of loyal customers as opposed to fleeting customers who would change providers often. but yes the emphasis with him is reps so he can go to different levels and what not

he has a small point i suppose in that i would be more hesitant to change providers as he is related to me

in other news houllio might be more up to date on this than me but i think they will be providing a bb package at some stage next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Houllio

BB is in the pipeline possibly next year as one of the trainers told me. That was actually the first question i asked him when i went to the meeting! They are more concerned though with building their landline business for now. I agree with some of your comments regarding their customer service and the product they actually offer. You save only a small amount from switching over from eircom and the 3 cent a minute rate 24/7 for local and national calls is good for some but not for others. Basically it will benefit those who make alot of national calls or those who use the phone alot during the daytime. Any more views or comments, good or bad, from your experience of Eurexcel are much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement