Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of FTV??

• 22-10-2004 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Came home this evening and I have lost all my FTV channels - No EPG even...
    I'm using a UK ex-sky subscription card and previously had BBC1,2,3,4 ITV, C4, C5 and all the FTV satellites...
    Is this because sky launched the freesat thing yesterday???
    Do I have to get another card??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

nah mate, something must be wrong at ur end, i have the same and im watching channel 4 right now, all the other stations are fine too.
    havent heard about the freesat thing, what is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3762910.stm

I heard a rumor that sky would be disconnecting their FTV cards and forcing everyone to shell out £20 for a new one from them...
    Freesat was launched yesterday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

ah, i see. however, i doubt they will be able to disconnect our, & the 4 million ppl in britain's digibox's as in the UK you have a right to view the bbc, itv etc channels with our cards. i may be wrong, but i'm sure if this were the case, i would have seen something on skynews or in the papers about it, followed by uproar by the brits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Jungle Boy

Even if you was just watching BBC (free-to-air channel - no card inserted, no subscription) you would still be able to access the EPG. Since that has disappearred I agree with HacksawEddie, there must be a problem at your end (check your connections).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

apologies for the panic - unplugged the digibox and plugged it back in and it was fine!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement