Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Head Unit with Line-In support?

Options
  • 22-10-2004 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi people.

I was thinking of getting a head unit that plays mp3 cd's. But I was also thinking if I get an MP3 player (hard drive) and plug it into a standard cd head unit that has a line-in on the front, that would suit my needs a little better.

Can anyone suggest a head unit that has a line-in jack on the front?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I'd be very surprised if any mp3 head units have a line in on the front panel. The only stereos with front jacks are old or cheap ones without removable front panels.

Some brands do have connectors at the back for line inputs, you can run a cable (sometimes a brand specific one sometimes a standard jack cable) to the glove box or wherever you want to put the mp3 player.

With some brands (Sony afaik and probably others) you can only connect cd changers, they won't work with standard audio inputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

What you are looking for does not exist anymore, unless you are going to get a very cheap brand - try Argos.

Sony has head unit with Aux-In, and also you can get the XAC30.CE7 which connected to any Sony Head unit that has cd changer control you can connect your portable MP3 player.

Pioneer has a similar product - CD-RB20 which by having any Pioneer P series head unit will do the same thing.

The latest technology comes from Alpine.
    KCA-420i Ai-Net IPod Adaptor for Alpine Head Unit

this part will let you connect your IPod to any 2004 Alpine head unit with Ai-Net control. Is so good it even charges your IPod at the same time.

Hope this help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks for info. I thought that aux-in would be on some of the newer ones. I remember seeing one on a head unit a week or two back. I dunno. Well thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I have a Pioneer DEH-P7400MP. It plays mp3s and also has an auxiliary input, you do need to get an interconnector though for RCA equipment. They are pretty rad stereos and they are pretty cheap days. I think it may be replaced by the DEH-P7600MP now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks people.
    I think I will get the Pioneer DEH-P7600MP. I have read a few reviews about it and it looks like a good buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I have the JVC KD SH99RB which plays MP3 cd's. It also has a line in (http://www.jvc.co.jp/english/SH/europe/feat_10.html)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I've another suggestion. You can buy a gadget for 15 euro on ebay that transmits over FM to your in car radio. It might save wiring?

Advertisement