Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# Users Group

Options
  • 22-10-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of an Irish C# users group? Something similar to http://www.ijug.org/. I've tried googling to now avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭martinoc

Why dont you set one up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thats pretty much what I was thinking, just have to set aside some time for it. Fortunatly we've those long winter nights coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

would be interested in helping out if you want a hand setting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Leave it with me and I'll post something up next week. I'm thinking of a Dublin group; Cork already has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 555

Evil Phil wrote:
    Does anybody know of an Irish C# users group? Something similar to http://www.ijug.org/.

I hope it ends up being more active than IJUG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

whats the URL for the cork one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Cork people have computers now?

Just registering my interst in the group... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

555 wrote:
    I hope it ends up being more active than IJUG.
    Is it dead? I would have been interested in joining a mailing list but it seems as dead as a doorknob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

IJUG is still there (above link is valid). AFAIK there is little going out on the mailing list channel, so don't hold your breath there. IJUG was primarily setup around the concept of a discussion forum, then members submitted tutorials/articles/etc of relevance. As with forum centric sites, the level of input often determines how attractive a group overall becomes to an external observer.

So in a nutshell IJUG is still there, if you want to join, go ahead. Perhaps you may be able to make suggestions regarding it's future development ;)

As for a C# group (CSUG), I'd be interested in joining also. However I'm based in Galway, so perhaps a national [ICSUG] is in order. Perhaps it could be a .NET based community to reach a wider audience initially.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Muineach

I was just at a MSDN event there last week and a .Net users group has been launched with some MS backing.

http://www.developers.ie/default.aspx

This might have been what you were looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

phobos wrote:
    As with forum centric sites, the level of input often determines how attractive a group overall becomes to an external observer.

So in a nutshell IJUG is still there, if you want to join, go ahead. Perhaps you may be able to make suggestions regarding it's future development ;)
    It seems as lively as a house brick :)

Advertisement