Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT Broadband NAT error

• 22-10-2004 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey,

I've just installed my EsatBT adsl modem from the nice free 3 month trial. First thing I tried to do was set it up with a bit torrent client. Im using azureus, and there's a little test option in its wizard to check a port you wish to leave open (for incoming connections).
    Unfortunitly I get a NAT error. I have a feeling all programs like this will cause me problems in future, so I am wondering does anyone know a fix to my problem? Somewhere in the adsl modem config options?

Note: I turned off my software firewall while testing, so it must be the EsateBT modem itself.

Regards,
    Pierce.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

browse to 192.168.1.1

advanced > NAT > sua only > edit details

enter the starting port in the left box, and the end port in the next, i.e. [6881] [6999] and then put 192.168.1.33 in the third (I don't know if this is necessary, but that's the settings for me and it worked)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

cheers man, that worked a treat. Now if only I could get Norton Firewall to accept the connection :( I tried advanced rules and whatnot, but ended up just setting the program access from normal, to the lowest settings. Not a good idea, but meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I've just installed Azureus (I'm also with Esat BT) and I'm having exactly the same problem as BigP had. However when I browse to 192.168.1.1 I'm prompted for a username and password - I've tried my EsatBt user and password but I'm forbidden to access the next page...
    Am I doing something stupid??

Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

try admin as both user and pass

look in router manual

Thanks for the fast reply but admin admin didn't work either - also I don't have the manual any more.
    Any more suggestions?

thanks again...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

usually theres a default user and pass for routers, whats the name, maybe someone here has same one... unless youve changed it alrdy

go to router homepage and find documentation

Yeah, I'd changed it already sometime to my dob. Doh!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Sorry for taking so long,

2 Options Left
    1. Username : admin Password : 1234
    2. Hold down the Reset button for 15 seconds to reset to that user and pass.

Glad i could help.

Just realised you said u changed it to ur DOB.. i misread it as DOH!
    :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

BigCon wrote:
    Yeah, I'd changed it already sometime to my dob. Doh!

Cheers :)

Have you tried resetting it to the factory settings and starting all over again? There is usually a small button tucked away somewhere round the back.

You should also be able to download the router manual from the website of the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

dub45 wrote:
    Have you tried resetting it to the factory settings and starting all over again? There is usually a small button tucked away somewhere round the back.

You should also be able to download the router manual from the website of the manufacturer.

Hey he actually remembered his password. It was his Date of Birth.
    Im presuming that its working fine now too....

• Advertisement
Advertisement