Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megadeth coming soon!

Options
  • 22-10-2004 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

Over at the megadeth boards a few months ago, dave was talking about tour dates, and said he intends to come to ireland. Expected around summer '05. The U.S dates go as far as Dec 1 so far, and the support bands have been Earshot(?) and ... Exodus! I'm getting my ticket whenever dave announces a dublin date/venue

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, count me in. ****in Exodus too, if they come, I'll ... come... :o

It's a shame Nick Menza is out, but Dave is Dave and he'll have top drawer musicians with him whoever they are at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Menza's gone!?

well at least he has that legend bassist from Iced Earth who can play Schaffer rythms with his fingers!!

Yeah, happened last week. Kept very hush-hush and no reason given. The new guitarist's brother, Glenn Drover's drummer brother Sean, is now on the stool.

It's damn shame, as anyone who gives the Rust In Peace remaster a listen will be able to confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Excellent! I saw them last time in the SFX and they were great. And with Exodus as well? How can you lose?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

please let this be true would be great to see exodus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Anyone recommend a Megadeath album?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Capitol Punishment, it's their greatest hits

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

get rust in peace, peace sells.. and countdown to extinction for a start. there all about 8 euro in tower or hmv (but dont shop in hmv, it sucks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

I have a strange love for Youtanasia. Although Rust in peace and the new on The System has failed are fairly good.

begbie wrote:
    Anyone recommend a Megadeath album?

Avoid Capitol Punishment, it's pile of ****e. Their lips were around the corporate jizz cannon from Youthanasia onwards and that's where most of the content of that CD comes from. Avoid like you'd avoid ReLoad.

Either Rust In Peace or Peace Sells... But Who's Buying would be my recommendation, they're all great up to and including Countdown To Extinction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Doctor J wrote:
    Avoid Capitol Punishment, it's pile of ****e. Their lips were around the corporate jizz cannon from Youthanasia onwards and that's where most of the content of that CD comes from. Avoid like you'd avoid ReLoad.

Either Rust In Peace or Peace Sells... But Who's Buying would be my recommendation, they're all great up to and including Countdown To Extinction.

Thanks. I was thinking a Greatest Hits album would be better to avoid.

No problem. After giving it more thought I'd say go for Peace Sells first, then Rust In Peace second. Peace Sells is a little more straightforward and easier to get into than Rust In Peace, though I could never choose one over the other in terms of quality, they are both incredible pieces of work. If you don't like Peace Sells, you won't like Rust In Peace, though it may not be the same vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Bugger it anyway. I go to australia, Megadeth announce date in Ireland. Feck it. I was at the SFX gig aswell, was bloody brilliant, my friend with me caught Dave's sweat band at the end and i got a drum stick!!!

As far as the albums go, appart from Risk i think they are all excellent. Im hard pushed to pick one above the others, im prefer to mix and match all the tunes on winamp. Love Peace Sells, really love Tornado Of Souls, and think Countdown To Extinction is a masterpiece. GO ON DAVE, YUR SUCKIN DAYSIL NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

There's talk of them touring Europe with Iron Maiden next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Every guitarist that enters Megadeth gives it something good. But the member change overs now that are happening so often are very anoying. I think it's Dave trying to hog the action. Chris Poland is the man. Get "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?" or "Rust In Peace". Classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I always get the feeling that dave hogs all the glory, check the cinematography on RA and in TSHF he gets all the good solos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wow. I'd so love to go to that. Especially if they're with Iron Maiden :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

mp3guy wrote:
    I always get the feeling that dave hogs all the glory, check the cinematography on RA and in TSHF he gets all the good solos
    That is because he writes basically all of the band's material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

mustaine is a legend. he is a great guitarist but i have to say that marty friedman is the king of megadeth guitarists. i would definitly be there for that anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Doctor J wrote:
    No problem. After giving it more thought I'd say go for Peace Sells first, then Rust In Peace second. Peace Sells is a little more straightforward and easier to get into than Rust In Peace, though I could never choose one over the other in terms of quality, they are both incredible pieces of work. If you don't like Peace Sells, you won't like Rust In Peace, though it may not be the same vice versa.

Very true, go for Peace Sells first. I got Rust In Peace first and found it hard to get into as an album, but went out discovered one of my favourite albums of all time in Peace Sells and then learned to appreciate RIP.

But you can't deny how their cover of Anarchy In The UK off So Good... can move you. Stomach churning stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement